Author Topic: Rome - tips & advice  (Read 2293 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Rome - tips & advice
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 04:14:37 PM »
We were there a few years back. Loved it. There are some top vintage clothes shops off of the square where The Pantheon is. ( Via Del Governo Vecchio?)   In fact there was even what I guess could be called a 'Mod Shop' too that sold Fred Perry, Ben Sherman and had pics of scooters and The Who and such like on the wall with targets and stuff. Not so good really but the vintage shops were top class. Enjoy it fella.

Indeed , I'm always amazed at where one can find a Mod shop , I even found one in Varna , Bulgaria. It was called Target and had some lovely knitwear that wasn't any of the brands you mention but it certainly wasn't cheap either. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 12:39:18 AM »
Eastern Europe must be gettin' sick ay aw these economic migrants fae Paisley.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 09:21:20 PM »
https://www.yelp.com/biz/cappelleria-lombardi-roma?osq=hat+shops

If you're into hats and caps,this is the place to go. An old school hat shop with the original interior intact also.
There's lots of cool old gentleman outfitters that sell superb stuff,will need to get back to you on locations etc when I do a bit of homework.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 12:31:30 PM »
We'll be there Aug 28th - Sep 1st. Anyone there there same time?

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »
I'll be going there about the time that you're leaving. Have a nice trip!

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 11:20:23 AM »
Hello,

back from the trip which was very nice. Unfortunately there was no time to do anything except visit all the ruins and fountains you´re supposed to see when you´re in Rome so the shops will have to wait until next time I´m afraid. I did spot quite a few people wearing Fred Perry though, seems to be a popular brand there. And according to our map there is a Vespa museum somewhere in town, maybe that could be of interest to fellow forum members.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it mate. I spotted the museum too but never managed to visit. Fantastic city though and I am a bit of a stick in the mud non-traveller. I can't wait to get over there again.

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »
I don't want to side swipe Ian's thread, but if you look like Italian culture, have a look at Florence. We stayed there during the middle weekend of our 2 weeks on the Italian Rivera this summer. Stunning place, the whole city was like one big museum. The market was great for leather bags and belts. (I got a lovely double stitched ox blood belt to match my Loake pennies for 20 euros). Found a great little football museum above a sports shop too...

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »
I don't want to side swipe Ian's thread, but if you look like Italian culture, have a look at Florence. We stayed there during the middle weekend of our 2 weeks on the Italian Rivera this summer. Stunning place, the whole city was like one big museum. The market was great for leather bags and belts. (I got a lovely double stitched ox blood belt to match my Loake pennies for 20 euros). Found a great little football museum above a sports shop too...

+ 1 on Florence, beautiful, unforgettable town. Just try to go in the low season, as being a middle-sized city it's usually overcrowded. And talking about leather, I recall I bought a locally made pair of boots there  8).