Author Topic: Trainers thread...  (Read 44620 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Trainers thread...
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2018, 06:58:57 PM »
Agreed mate. Not a big trainers fella myself but Sperry Topsiders usually do the trick for me but always fancied a pair of the Purcells but generally pretty pricey for what, to me anyway, is simply a good quality plimsolls.

Purcells are classic low-key trainers, but a bit overpriced these days, like a lot of brands with a heritage to speak of, Topsiders included.

Willers

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2018, 02:05:50 PM »
Ludwig Reiter is an Austrian quality shoe brand. Their products are in Tricker's or Church's territory, quality and price-wise.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »
I don't doubt the quality, it's just I wouldn't spend more than 100 € for a pair of trainers. I'd only make an exception with spanish Matés' trainers, that are a thing of beauty.

Willers

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »
Same here. The idea of a luxary trainer is as weird as taylor-made jeans or dive watches for 5000 quid.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2018, 03:50:06 PM »
Same here. The idea of a luxary trainer is as weird as taylor-made jeans or dive watches for 5000 quid.

You'd be surprised -I was, for sure- at the prices that trainers' buffs are wiling to pay for a trendy or discontinued pair of Adidas or Nike. When I was last year in New York I got into this store (https://www.flightclub.com/) where a lot of japanese tourists were raving about some hideous sneakers at equally hideous prices (many exceeding the 1.000 bucks mark!).

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2018, 07:56:56 PM »

I agree about the other two but you can pry my submariner off my cold dead wrist!