Author Topic: Compilations  (Read 3727 times)

babyshambler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Compilations
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 09:53:18 PM »
Which reminds me about their 1/2/3/4/500 % Dynamite series - brilliant if you like your reggae

I've got 1-600% - great!

The Funk Drops have some dynamite stuff on them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Funk-Drops-Vol-Rarities-1968-1974/dp/B00005NVFZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1402091586&sr=8-2&keywords=funk+drops

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 12:55:42 AM »
Agree the dynamite series is great,got FD 1and2 which are cool too  ;D
The blue juice series is worth it too
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:57:19 AM by lammyrider »

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »
Jazz Dance Classics vol 4 is great. I've had it for years and it keeps on giving. I keep meaning to get the other volumes but never seem to actually do it.

The label, Luv N'Haight, do some lovely compilations but are more on the funk end of the soul spectrum. If you want rare funk then they are your people.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/jazz-dance-classics-vol-4-mw0000600783
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

The Guvnor

• Blue Beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »
I live off compilations, too lazy for vinyl plus I used to scratch em when i'd had too many, I love the Mod Jazz, New Breed R&B and Birth of Soul cd's, I've found all the comps on Ace/Kent are excellent haven't had a bad one yet. Also like the Hipshaker R&B series. As with JA tunes I've loved all of the Trojan releases, the box sets back in early 2000 were excellent value as are the more recent stuff on the the Trojan presents series and the early Blue Beat comps were more than welcome (shame the copyright laws changed) . Good music at good prices.
Drinking Rum Responsibly.

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »
A new Otis Redding compilation: The Dock Of The Bay Sessions - Rhino 2018

This 12-song (mono and stereo) DOCK OF THE BAY SESSIONS collection has been compiled with input from Roger Armstrong of Ace Records and Otis biographer Jonathan Gould . Some of the tracks would have been part of the new album (had it not been for the Lake Mocona plane crash).

Track list:
(Sittin' on) The dock of the bay
Think about it
Hard to handle,
The happy song (dum-dum)
Love man'
Direct me
I've got dreams to remember
Champagne and wine
Pounds and hundreds (LBS+100S)
I'm a changed man
Gone again
Amen
Broad minds, narrow ties

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 09:19:11 PM »
This one's great and ultra-cheap (BTW, I have a soft spot for From route 66 to the Flamingo too  :) ):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mod-Life-Crisis-Anthems-Crowd/dp/B0062Y9D1K/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1401816408&sr=1-1&keywords=mod+life+crisis

And I think there's a new installment in the "Mod Jazz" Kent comps on the way.
There's actually a great wee band up here called Mod Life Crisis , just a covers band but they really hit the spot for me , great band and great covers too , just what you want to hear. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
Confessin' The Blues - BMG Vinyl/CD compilation in collaboration with The Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones have always been the biggest champions of the blues, even taking their name from the Muddy Waters’ track ‘Rollin’ Stone’ – so who better to have hand-picked a special compilation album of the music that has inspired them throughout their career.
Confessin’ The Blues collects together the greatest ever bluesmen, such as Chuck Berry, B.B King, Howlin’ Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Elmore James and Muddy Waters and provides a perfect education to the genre. The tracklisting on the various formats has been chosen by The Rolling Stones, in collaboration with BMG & Universal and will be released on November 9th 2018.
Our very own Ronnie Wood hand painted the cover art, which depicts the raw passion and emotion the blues artists channeled into their music.
As such big supporters of the genre, the band and BMG have decided that 10% of BMG’s net receipts* from the sale of this album (with a minimum of £0.65 (2CD) / £1.25 (2LP) / £3.00 (Bookpack) UK pounds sterling) will be donated to Willie Dixon’s Blues Heaven Foundation
Broad minds, narrow ties