Author Topic: Manchester Mod Weekender 25 & 26th July  (Read 1516 times)

The Guvnor

• Blue Beat
    • View Profile
Manchester Mod Weekender 25 & 26th July
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:19:26 PM »
Looking forward to this, going across for the Saturday night, looking forward to some good grooves! hope there's some quality Blue Beat played, a large portion of Prince Buster would be good, on regular playlists in northern towns & cities back in the 60's. Yeah should be a good'n, hope the weather is good so me & the missus can walk to and from Piccadilly station, anyone know if Maccy D's is 24 hour in the city centre? train home isn't til quarter to 5 in the morning.
Drinking Rum Responsibly.

Rocketman

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Mod Weekender 25 & 26th July
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 06:23:22 PM »
Looking forward to this, going across for the Saturday night, looking forward to some good grooves! hope there's some quality Blue Beat played, a large portion of Prince Buster would be good, on regular playlists in northern towns & cities back in the 60's. Yeah should be a good'n, hope the weather is good so me & the missus can walk to and from Piccadilly station, anyone know if Maccy D's is 24 hour in the city centre? train home isn't til quarter to 5 in the morning.
I don't think Mac's are open late in the city centre , Archie's burger bar is open til 3am
http://www.archiesmanchester.co.uk
There are also some late (after clubs) eating places around piccadilly gardens.
If u have time to try any other pubs ,I would recommend the thirsty scholar on Oxford rd as Martin the mod spins some great tunes from 8pm . I hope to frequent the nags head for a afternoon beer.

Neil Lee

• Clothes, Football, Scooters & Music in that order.
    • View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
Re: Manchester Mod Weekender 25 & 26th July
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:00:40 PM »
I don't think Mac's are open late in the city centre , Archie's burger bar is open til 3am
http://www.archiesmanchester.co.uk
There are also some late (after clubs) eating places around piccadilly gardens.
If u have time to try any other pubs ,I would recommend the thirsty scholar on Oxford rd as Martin the mod spins some great tunes from 8pm . I hope to frequent the nags head for a afternoon beer.

Martin The Mod Mellors, mod legend.
The New Unsociable’s Present

“Gettin’ To The Point”

https://www.facebook.com/events/399848387194193/