Author Topic: The Who on Sky Arts 1  (Read 2062 times)

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
The Who on Sky Arts 1
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »
Saturday night at 9pm. Quadrophenia in it's entirety live from Wembley. A diamond midst the sea of Christmas TV s**te!
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: The Who on Sky Arts 1
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 12:13:24 PM »
Saturday night at 9pm. Quadrophenia in it's entirety live from Wembley. A diamond midst the sea of Christmas TV s**te!

I concur , Doc. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »
I watched it last night having recorded it a few days before so could jump the ad breaks. I was at the O2 for this tour but it was all much the same aside from the ommission of the 'Greatest hits' encore they did but I am sure they did that at Wembley but was simply cut from this TV special. They've seen better days no question but they are troopers and have alot of blood and thunder when they get out there. I've seen them close to a dozen times now over the last 30 years and always enjoy. Have tickets for the rescheduled dates from last year in March and also was treated to a Christmas gift of a Hyde Park ticket with Weller so that will be one to look forward to.

Fentonwho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 06:39:21 PM »
I got the dvd of this gig at Christmas (although i've yet to get around to sitting down and watching it !)
Like you Martin i've also got tickets for the rescheduled O2 gig and the Hyde Park summer shindig - See you there , i'll be the 40~something Mod ! haha ;+)
He only comes out when i drink my gin ...

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 06:49:29 PM »
I'll be the 50 something numpty in the parka and the bald head squeezed into a Fred Perry shouting WE ARE THE MODS!!!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »
I'll be the 50 something numpty in the parka and the bald head squeezed into a Fred Perry shouting WE ARE THE MODS!!!

That reminds me of a trip to see the Who at the SEC almost 15yrs ago. Between songs there were some guys down at the very front ( I couldn't see what they were wearing) chanting "We are the Mods !" , so Townsend says "Are there Mods in here are there? I just figured out the other day what a Mod is , it's someone who doesn't know who he is!" . Undeterred by the this , group at the front continued the chant. .

Don't think Pete knew why he even said that . .

But fast forward a few years and I'm at the same venue to see Weller , and at the end , on the way out , that chant was started once again whilst the rest of us were doing the wa-hay-ay -oh chorus -sing-along from That's Entertainment . I could have sworn it was the same people that started it all on both occasions . . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!