Author Topic: '60s TELEVISION IS A PASSION FOR ME. IS IT FOR YOU TOO?  (Read 4042 times)

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
Re: '60s TELEVISION IS A PASSION FOR ME. IS IT FOR YOU TOO?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 03:07:24 PM »
Love all the ITC stuff too ... we used to call ITV4 The "The" Channel when they were showing loads of ITC shows in the afternoons

I'd kinda forgotten "The Baron" - now I'm off to investigate whether Amazon have a Box Set ;)

Ian B
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 04:05:54 PM »

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 08:00:09 PM »
I saw that too. Very sad news. What a looker she was and also a lovely lady dedicated to running an animal sanctuary for most of her later life. A mate of mine was quite friendly with her and will no doubt be devastated by the news. It really does hit home when I see footballers and musicians and actors who I had pictures on my wall as a kid being reported as passing away. I guess as a bloke close to 50 now I should be used to it but it is still a tough one.

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 08:24:11 PM »
I saw that too. Very sad news. What a looker she was and also a lovely lady dedicated to running an animal sanctuary for most of her later life. A mate of mine was quite friendly with her and will no doubt be devastated by the news. It really does hit home when I see footballers and musicians and actors who I had pictures on my wall as a kid being reported as passing away. I guess as a bloke close to 50 now I should be used to it but it is still a tough one.

I'm lucky  enough to have met Alexandra a couple of years ago.   My wife and I had a good chat with her and had some photos taken with her; indeed she was a lovely lady in every respect.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »
Fair play mate. Glad she left a nice memory of herself with you and the wife.

madras_seersucker

• Wowsville Baby, Wowsville!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »
And yesterday was the 5th anniversary of Patrick McGoohan's death :(
44L | 16.5-37 | 38x33 | 12UK 13US

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 02:10:48 PM »
One of my favourite episodes of 'The Champions' (1967) is 'To Trap a Rat' where Sharron Macready (played by the late Alexandra Bastedo) goes undercover to bust a drug-dealing operation; not least because of the grittier than usual subject matter, London locations, hand-held camera work, and the 'Mod club' scene where Kate O'Mara's character goes to score.

The club is called 'The Birdcage' - I've never been sure if it was a studio set or not, 00:40 - 03:05 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BF_1NKn71s

I was pretty certain that Mod legend MICKEY TENNER was an extra in this scene, however on rewatching I can't see him.  He's definitely in a club scene in an ITC show - does anybody know which one?  (Martin G I'm looking at you for this)!!

A film that MICKEY TENNER definitely appears in is 'Mod Horror' classic 'The Sorcerers' (1967).  This was filmed on location in 'BLAISES'.

He briefly appears earlier on dancing in a pink shirt but is hard to see.  You can clearly see him at approx 37:50 dancing in what looks like a cycling shirt and at 1:00:24 - 1:00:30 chatting up a bird!  Not a great quality video but the best I could find online - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukmykmurek
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:17:54 AM by Number 6 »

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 07:41:13 PM »
That is definitely the READY STEADY GO dancer Mickey (Tenner) in THE SORCERORS but I don't recall ever clocking him in an ITC show but that's not to say you aren't right mate. I will have to start to have a dig around by DVDs and stuff. I still have off-air recordings of RSG when they first aired them again back when Channel 4 first began about 30 years back and he appears a great deal. He is even seen in many books about The Beatles where there are shots of them playing on the show with him and his mates in the background dancing.

SuaveCollective

• From the midst of the peacock revolution
    • View Profile
    • www.allaboutmygirl.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 01:32:11 PM »
...having a clear out so if anybody wants the two DVD box-sets below:

...namely Big BreadWInner Hog/Spindoe box set featuring Peter Egan with substantially more hair than in Ever Decreasing Circles:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Breadwinner-Hog-Complete-Spindoe/dp/B000LXHJMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390310765&sr=8-1&keywords=big+breadwinner+hog

and Gangsters - 70's drama set in Brum with episodic cliff hangers you have to see to believe!!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gangsters-Complete-Series-Maurice-Colbourne/dp/B000E1ZAAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390310997&sr=8-1&keywords=gangsters+tv+series

The please drop me a PM - looking for 20 (incl P+P) for the pair or happy to swap for anything of interest clothes wise (ties, PS, what have you?)

Rocketman

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 07:10:16 PM »
Lovers of 60's film , can get their fix tonight @ 10 on sky arts.   Blow-up.