Author Topic: Odds & sods  (Read 1995 times)

banjo

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Odds & sods
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »
Just ordered my copy of Odd & Sods the book of photos by Paul Hallam of the 1980's London Mod scene.
I'm looking forward to getting this as I know a lot of his photos have been used in various publications but it will be nice to see if there's more unseen stuff in the book.

banjo

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Odds & sods
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 01:49:54 PM »
Just got my copy delivered. It's a real delve back into Londons Mod scene of the time.
Brought back some great memories and made me realise how non skinny I am now!

Monkey

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
Can you say any more? Looked more like a magazine than a book from what I saw. Is that fair? New photos that haven't been on line? Much text? Worth the money? Etc.

Cheers.
The same few words in a different order can be found at http://www.monkeypicks.co.uk Latest Posts: The Redskins, Wireless Show, The Action's Rolled Gold by Sidewalk Society reviewed.

banjo

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 09:31:32 AM »
It's a slim  book so it's fair comparison. Some new photos but lots that have been used before. The text is all at the front and is recollections of the scene.
It's maybe more a book for those who were there rather than an insight into the Mod scene as a whole.

Monkey

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »
Cheers Banjo.
The same few words in a different order can be found at http://www.monkeypicks.co.uk Latest Posts: The Redskins, Wireless Show, The Action's Rolled Gold by Sidewalk Society reviewed.