Author Topic: SUAVE COLLECTIVE PUBLISHING - A New Venture  (Read 2528 times)

SuaveCollective

• From the midst of the peacock revolution
    • View Profile
    • www.allaboutmygirl.co.uk
SUAVE COLLECTIVE PUBLISHING - A New Venture
« on: October 22, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »
It is my very great pleasure to inform you all of my new venture. I am starting a publishing company. I would love you to also join me on the new SUAVE COLLECTIVE PUBLISHING face-book page, however I will of course keep you informed on the titles coming out on here too.

Suave Collective Publishing is a new niche publisher that aims to produce pocket-size paperbacks that can be read on a commute or a lunch-hour over the course of a week or so.

It aims to bring out the best in fiction and non-fiction in a variety of niches, but always with a style and a passion that should transcend the genres. Best of all the pocket-sized paperbacks will always be at pocket-money prices.

If you're an author, or an aspiring one, Suave Collective Publishing will offer you a genuine return on your efforts; not simply the 4-8% on the profits most publishers will offer you. Also, unlike most so called vanity-publishers you wont be asked to pay for the printing either.

Each book will come in wrapped in a design that not only graces the text within but also rewards the illustrator or the artist involved, with 50p of each book sold going directly to the artist.

Come on boy, Come on girl, succumb to The Suave Collective.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1216290408398152/

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: SUAVE COLLECTIVE PUBLISHING - A New Venture
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »
Regrettably, Jason, I neither have a Facebook account nor plans to have one in the near future, so I hope you keep us up to date here.

Anyway, it takes courage to take such a step in a shrinking publishing market so I wish you tons of luck!  :)

banjo

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
Best of luck with this venture Jason. Im sure you'll get support from members on here

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »
Love the sound of this, J, the very best of luck with it. I, too, don't do the bakebook thing, but if you'd like, I'll push it through my twitter account
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

SuaveCollective

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
Cheers all - I doubt there will be any books on cooking mind....

Whilst not the 'official' first Suave Collective Publishing release, I am delighted to say that some time in the next couple of weeks or so I will be re-printing my SOLD OUT first novel ALL ABOUT MY GIRL complete with this stunning re-imagination of the cover by the ludicrously talented Steven Millington - you'd be doing yourself a huge favour checking out his web-site www.drybritish.bigcartel.com (some of you may remember him from the old forum as Lord Dunsby)

I can't thank Steven enough for his time and talent and support for both this book and the Suave Collective project in general. Rest assured that his talents will grace many more of our books in the years to come.

Details of where to purchase this reprint from will be announced shortly, but numbers are going to be strictly limited so you'll need to step lively if you wish to bag a copy. All proceeds from this book will go towards supporting the Suave Collective.... although some might find their way into a new DNA Groove shirt from Claudio... so suffice to say, no money will be wasted!

Ady C

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »
I shall keep a keen eye on this venture, being something of a bookworm, and I'm all for supporting these type of endeavours. 
(I've also done my self a huge favour, checked out Steve's website and bought the Tiki Kong! print.  Just couldn't resist it... :P
And will you shorten the sleeves, love? I'm not a gorilla.

SuaveCollective

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »
The first official publication from Suave Collective Publishing will be Maradona Good, Pele Better, GEORGE BEST by celebrated author Pete McKenna. (author of Northern Soul classic novel Nightshift)

When Bob Bishop, a Football Scout in Belfast, saw a young lad play he knew he had discovered something special and immediately sent a telegram to the Manchester United manager Matt Busby. The telegram simply read; “I think I’ve found you a genius”

Hundreds of thousands of fans, from across the globe bore testament to the discovery of the genius that is George Best. The brightness of his rising star was matched only by the glare of the media spotlight and so those very same fans that witnessed his ascendancy also saw his very public decline on a scale like no footballing superstar has before or since. His sad self-penned epitaph, which perhaps fittingly, made universal front-page news; read simply DO NOT DIE LIKE ME!

No one who’d ever witnessed that sheer God-given talent could ever forget his greatness and hundreds of thousands attended his funeral, including the author, to pay their heartfelt respects. Maradona Good, Pele Better, GEORGE BEST is the story of a man who saw the ‘damage done’ twice over and his journey to simply say ‘thank-you’ to the best player to ever grace a football pitch.

Maradona Good, Pele Better, GEORGE BEST will be available Dec 1st.

Book is available now to pre-order for £6.99 + £1.99 P&P (£8.98) via paypal (don't forget to add your postal address in the notes) to suave.collective@yahoo.co.uk

SuaveCollective

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 12:15:33 PM »
The limited edition reprint of my first novel ALL ABOUT MY GIRL is now available to purchase in the Buy A Book section of www.suavecollective.co.uk.

Also available on Amazon (but cheaper direct)

An ideal X-mas pressie or stocking filler to yourself or the Mod in your life!

The book that lead Mark Baxter and Paolo Hewitt to call me The Leader in Mod Fiction' in their book The A-Z of Mod

Go on treat yourself.... get it 'from the kids'... you know you want to...

Only been available a little over a week, and already a quarter of the 250 run is sold out, so don't miss out!