Author Topic: Spotted  (Read 36128 times)

southlondongent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Spotted
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 01:02:15 PM »
Not a person but....

An Odgen's Nut Gone Flake barge! :D  Spotted a while back in Little Venice, Paddington.  I couldn't see the owner - anyone on here?

Iain F

• Style & Manners.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 01:18:43 PM »
Now that is the dog's wotsits!

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »
blimey - i walked passed there today!
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

southlondongent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
blimey - i walked passed there today!

Just to clarify, it was there a few months back...dunno where it is now.  Could still be in the vicinity?....

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 10:28:05 AM »
Ill keep a bit more of an eye out.  im doing some work around sheldon square.  next time im up there i might have an explore of lttle venice rather than going to the Union pub.  just been looking at picture throught he ages on the london canals website - it always amzes me the changes in architecture in such a relatively short place of time.  if ever you have seen the quatermass film from the 50s, and the pictures along the thames at embankment, youll know what i mean.
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

southlondongent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
Ill keep a bit more of an eye out.  im doing some work around sheldon square.  next time im up there i might have an explore of lttle venice rather than going to the Union pub.  just been looking at picture throught he ages on the london canals website - it always amzes me the changes in architecture in such a relatively short place of time.  if ever you have seen the quatermass film from the 50s, and the pictures along the thames at embankment, youll know what i mean.

My mum's from Paddington and my old man worked in the main GPO sorting offfice there in the 60s/70s.  I couldn't believe how much the area around the canal and station had changed when I went back there recently....it's the same for other old industrial areas in London and other cities no doubt.

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:47 PM »
its the same everywhere, not jsut town.  ans speeding up at the moment
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

Jonathan Dixon

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 09:24:14 AM »
Spotted yesterday in Avignon by the carousel mid afternoon, tall british chap, mod haircut but nonner wet weather clothing.

About 5ish,chap in his 50/60's wearing a black baracuta Harrington, polo shirt, silk scarf and jeans hurrying towards the train station, nationality unknown.

On here?

Jase70

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »
Just got back from a couple of days in London , on Monday evening saw Mark Powell chatting on Old Compton st & on Tuesday afternoon saw Martin Freeman Walking in the pouring rain down Bateman st , both looking very smart !.

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 04:25:02 PM »
One mod to bind them all...
Mrs Peel....Were needed.