Author Topic: Spotted  (Read 34521 times)

OCBD

• View Profile
Re: Spotted
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
Was anybody off here in the Hepworth Arcade in Hull today?

Wasn't me. Don't know anyone else from hull on here

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2017, 10:20:54 AM »
Looking through this old thread - sounds to me like if you are in the UK every workplace has at least one mod and local transport is full of people with Weller haircuts and silk scarves...

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2017, 07:37:04 PM »
Wow, I forgot all about this thread but it did used to be quite popular. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2017, 09:14:01 AM »
Where I live (Germany) I can recall only two sightings in the last twenty years outside of Weller concerts and the like and both were in Munich pubs on the same street but quite some time apart. One of them couldnīt have been anything but a mod but the second was more British style but with a twist, I wasnīt so sure about him. He was english speaking and with a group of people so might have been visiting, itīs an area with lots of hotels.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:17:24 AM by roundmidnight2 »

Mark1966

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2017, 07:17:20 AM »
My experience of UK is that you see loads walking around with Weller haircuts, plenty of vintage scooters and on FB Mods galore.
Go to an event and it's the same faces.
I've even seen people turn up to an event on scooters and hang about outside rather than go in, I'm guessing they see it as an excuse to meet like minded scooter people rather than for the music & clobber. Horses for courses.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »
I think Mark's comments are pretty valid. There are many sub-groups of what people can call 'Mod' and if using a Venn Diagram there are those that fit in all sections whereas others prefer one or just a couple of the aspects of it. However given the years it's all been out there for people to take part in all are valid to some extent.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »
My experience of UK is that you see loads walking around with Weller haircuts, plenty of vintage scooters and on FB Mods galore.
Go to an event and it's the same faces.
I've even seen people turn up to an event on scooters and hang about outside rather than go in, I'm guessing they see it as an excuse to meet like minded scooter people rather than for the music & clobber. Horses for courses.

A fair point Mark,

Good to you posting again and if I'm not mistaken you were a veteran of the old forum?

Funnily enough I was looking through the introduce yourself thread yesterday,loads of original forumees who no longer post on here...on that 2facedbook no doubt...I hate it on there lasted a few months.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2017, 01:23:49 AM »
Aye I hate Facebook for a number of reasons but particularly because it has absolutely murdered so many online communities.

There was a bunch of us would go to the Essence festival every July 4th weekend and some became tight friends in real life, all through connecting via the Essence forum which no longer exists. Sure, I can keep up with those I was closest to via e mail etc but we used to have daily banter among a sizeable group which helped a dull day at work go by and the build up of energy and momentum as the weekend approached was class.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2018, 04:28:30 PM »
Black stingy brim, blue beat hat, three quarter black leather coat, white Oxford shirt... on an electric scooter (and I'm not talking about a Vespa or Lammy)!  ;D. I didn't even have the time to take a look at his shoes!