Author Topic: All saints mod holiday 2015  (Read 1868 times)

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
All saints mod holiday 2015
« on: November 02, 2015, 04:42:45 PM »
Wow!! When my brain unscrambles i will write a full review  ;) but its safe to say its going in the diary for next year  ;D ;D

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: All saints mod holiday 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 12:55:40 PM »
Right lets try and give this a go  ;)

Thurs: we landed at venice airport and waited to meet our prearranged mini bus to laverone. There were already 3 others loitering and it turned out it was mik and kel parry and gav arno from the pow wow club.two of the dj's for the weekend. We did the thoroughly british thing of nodding then sitting nearish awkwardly. Things all changed when our english speaking one man welcoming committee arrived. Looking like an 80's casual roger daltrey. 'Roger' (which was his name) pulled us all together. Along with 3 from spain and one from sweden we departed on a just over two hour trip to the mountains. By the time we arrived all aboard the mini bus had bonded nicely  ;D
we were dropped of at our hotel ( all arranged by the organisers) with just enough time to dump our stuff and hit the first organised event. At a spa just down the road a welcoming pool party had been arranged. You honestly cant beat drinking free prosseco and eating local cheese in a jacuzzi whilst bikini clad dj's spin some great tunes  8) the organisers Baza and alesandro were so welcoming and friendly right from the start and really got the weekend off to a great start.
We then had to shoot back to get changed for the nightime meal and do at a ski lodge on top of the mountain. (All in the full weekend ticket price) we'd all been up since the early hours but still partied till gone one when we retired to get some sleep.

Fri: dragged ourselves down to breakfast ( which stayed open till 1pm  :D ) and then ventured out for the start of the days events. Which was chilling in the sun drinking more prosseco ( sadly no longer free) listening to the afternoon dj's who were 4 ladies who all played great sets. We then relocated downstairs for the international bowling comp. which just turned into a hilarious battle between mik and gav involving tears tantrums and a wrestling the "lucky" ball off a small child  ;D dont even know who won the whole event but gav took UK bragging honours.
We then have to rush off to get ready for Friday's meal and a calypso jazz band (who were great) then it was allnighter time!! Being typical brits we arrived as the doors opened at 11.30 ( if i'd had a latin snooze i'd have stayed in asleep ) we then drank and danced till 5.30am to some cracking sets from the pow wow boys,julian reca from spain and michael von freising from germany.If im honest there was a little too much fuzz for me but as the sets were only 30mins it just gave me a chance to sit down ;-).

Sat: rising as late as we could we ventured forth sluggishly for the days events which were two great live bands the hip flames (featuring mr de rossi on vocals) and the crazy gentlemens agreement from france.
Sat was the only time we needed to feed ourselves and even that was sorted by baza who booked us a table and taxi  ;D
Saturdays allnighter was more of the same, dancing with sharp dressed mods and skins and dandily dressed fuzz freaks and everything in between. I also got to meet claudio and he was such a lovely chap,even getting me a drink  ;D we managed to keep going till 6am,when we left there was still over an hour left to go!!
Sunday saw us reluctantly leaving. From start to finish everyone was so friendly and welcoming. There was a grand total of 6/7 english, 4 scottish and two irish and it was lovely lol. Hoping the write up doesn't encourage anbody to go  ;) but if you did you wont regret it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:59:21 PM by lammyrider »

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »
Any photos?

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:31:47 PM »
Think we took about 10  :-[ there was a proper photographer so when they go up i'll stick a link up.
It was a really beautiful place and my phone pics just dont do it justice but will try and get some up ;-)

ross-wfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 04:45:19 PM »
Cheers for that Lammy, sounds a great weekend, there are 4 of us looking into it for next year. The only down side i can see is clothing. How on earth do you travel with suits and still manage to keep them looking sharp? Claudio is a wonderful guy isn't he?

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 05:38:58 PM »
I just folded loosely and hoped ;-) packed them at the last possible moment and unpacked as soon as i got there. Only took a small hand luggage case too. They were fine  :D
im just waiting to find out if work have given me the time off, and then im all over it again. :-)

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 05:39:52 PM »
Found some ok pics on my phone i'll stick up too ;-)

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 05:45:22 PM »
Its 28-31st next year fri-mon  ;)

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 04:39:24 PM »
I knew these pics would surface at some point as there was a photographer there all weekend,well worth the wait and sum it up nicely
https://www.facebook.com/allsaints.modholidaylavarone/photos/a.669839963119773.1073741832.595786670525103/669857193118050/?type=3&theater

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »
Both looking dapper, mate, I like the jacket..