Author Topic: Fusion  (Read 13078 times)

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
Fusion
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:35:49 PM »
Some great, and generally mod-friendly, tunes to be heard here:

http://mixlr.com/fusion-on-air/showreel/

Yours truly and Monkey are amongst the contributors, but don't let that put you off!! Well worth a listen for great music you know, and great music you've yet to hear  8)
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Fusion
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
Doc, I've been listening to some of your (& Monkey's) shows. Impeccable taste was a given for me, so I would like to emphasize your eclectic approach, something you're only capable of after years of cultivating your taste. Maybe not mod purists' cup of tea, but I just don't belong in that club.

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 09:04:58 AM »
Nice one, Sidney, and thank you for taking a listen. Eclectic is definitely where I'm coming from; as much as I love the 'pure mod' stuff, my taste ranges way beyond that. That's why you might get a bit of pysch or funk or garage or whatever thrown in. I'm not in that club either, GS; good music is just that, no matter what 'label' is put on it. And life is too short to be constrained by what someone else arbitrarily defines as being this genre or that genre.

I apologise for the lack of subtitles; even with your excellent command of English, I suspect some of my heavily accented rambles are just noise to you!!  ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »
Love that irish accent, doc! That said, it takes time to get used to it  ;)

Oh, and I couldn't agree more with you: as much as I love "mod" related music, it would be a shame to deny oneself the joy of listening to lots of great music that can't be tagged as such. Labels are useful from an academic point of view, but they shouldn't stand in the way of emotions, feelings or, pleasure, and that's what good music provides.

Mutley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 03:15:29 PM »
Alright Doc?

Just listened to your most recent show dated 22.11.15 and well ......

It got me to listen to the previous one. You got some good medicine in the bag buddie  8)

But no shout out for introducing you to the Budos Band??

One question though - do you kiss your mother with that mouth?  :o  Just joshin'.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:49:26 PM by Mutley »
If you ooze masculinity, like some of us do, you have no reason to fear pink.

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 03:59:23 PM »
Alright Doc?

It got me to listen to the previous one. You got some good medicine in the bag buddie  8)

One question though - do you kiss your mother with that mouth?  :o  Just joshin'.

Thanks for having a listen, Mutley, glad you enjoyed the Medicine Bag! Sh*t, no I didn't credit you with that one, sorry, I'll remedy that on my next show!! I tend to do the links as if we were talking in the pub, so that means swearing and all!! The little girl doing the jingles is my daughter, Ruby; suffice to say, she's not there when her da is swearing like a docker!!  ;)

Mutley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 10:38:39 PM »
Alright Doc?

Thanks for having a listen, Mutley, glad you enjoyed the Medicine Bag! Sh*t, no I didn't credit you with that one, sorry, I'll remedy that on my next show!! I tend to do the links as if we were talking in the pub, so that means swearing and all!! The little girl doing the jingles is my daughter, Ruby; suffice to say, she's not there when her da is swearing like a docker!!  ;)

No probs at all Doc - all coolio here mate just pokin a bit of fun.

I guessed the littlin was your alright, nice touch. I'll be listening in to the next installment. Is it every Sunday you try to put one out (said the nun to the bishop)?
If you ooze masculinity, like some of us do, you have no reason to fear pink.

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 09:10:42 AM »
Alright Doc?

No probs at all Doc - all coolio here mate just pokin a bit of fun.

I guessed the littlin was your alright, nice touch. I'll be listening in to the next installment. Is it every Sunday you try to put one out (said the nun to the bishop)?

That's a relief, Mutley, thought I was facing a copyright infringement case!!!  ;)

No, mate, once monthly, as is Monk. I'm not back on until January, but I'll let you know. In the meantime, check out some of the other shows, all enthusiastically presented by Mick, the Fusion generalisimo. You won't love every track you hear (nature of the beast), but you won't hear any duffers either!!

Monkey

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to listen in greenstreet.

I'm sure I speak for Doc too in saying the shows are a little labour of love, so it's nice they are appreciated in some quarters. Mine - like myself - use "Mod" as a foundation stone and build from there. Some of the stuff at the back end of the garden might sound quite far removed but you can usually see the path.

Always enjoy tuning in on a Sunday and even if some shows are more classic-focused still good to hear some stuff not heard in ages.
The same few words in a different order can be found at http://www.monkeypicks.co.uk Latest Posts: The Redskins, Wireless Show, The Action's Rolled Gold by Sidewalk Society reviewed.

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to listen in greenstreet.

I'm sure I speak for Doc too in saying the shows are a little labour of love, so it's nice they are appreciated in some quarters. Mine - like myself - use "Mod" as a foundation stone and build from there. Some of the stuff at the back end of the garden might sound quite far removed but you can usually see the path.

Always enjoy tuning in on a Sunday and even if some shows are more classic-focused still good to hear some stuff not heard in ages.

Spot on, Monk, a labour of love indeed. Fellow travellers 'getting' what you do is a nice little bonus!