Author Topic: Fusion  (Read 10957 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Fusion
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2017, 04:13:02 PM »
I know me and DrGonzo often plug Fusion on here but it is a fab thing in my book. One hour every week, different folks doing their thing.

Latest Dr Gonzo's Medicine Bag available here and it's good un (Doc, sort me out later....).

http://mixlr.com/fusion-on-air/showreel/dr-gonzos-medicine-bag-12/

Another great show, doc! I'm a Doors fan too, still recall the huge impression their first LP left on me, it was totally different to anything I'd heard so far. Later I've been more critical with some of their stuff and the over the top Morrison's legend, but they were one of a kind, for better or worse.

Now I realize why you rated Clara Ward so high, what a voice! Shame the album is so difficult to get by in a physical format.

Interesting cover of Compared to what, but you'll have to admit that nothing can surpass the canonic Montreux version. On the other side, Beg, borrow & steal is a killer garage track, a classic, in its original version, but IMO the Plimsouls cover is even better.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
Re: Fusion
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2017, 09:19:08 AM »
Thank you, sidney, as always for your praise and discerning comments. I'd agree re the legend of Morrison, feels like it has outgrown the man and his accomplishments; without that great band, he might well have been just another hippy poet taking more drugs than were good for him. But I'd argue that those first 5 albums are as good a collection of work as just about any band has produced, flaws and all.

Clara is amazing (thanks again, Monk), and yes, that Montreux version of Compared To What is untouchable, but must admit to not having heard the Plimsouls cover of Beg, Borrow, Steal (noted for future reference).
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot