Author Topic: New Rose.  (Read 1050 times)

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
New Rose.
« on: March 17, 2016, 02:12:54 PM »
Ordered around Christmas/New Year so about a 10 week build which is what I was originally advised when I initially placed the order.

Rose, if you don't know are a long standing German company. They have a great offering where you can spec the bike to your requirements, and by being web only (unless you can get to their German mega store) helps to keep costs really low, although the downside is the 10-12 weeks build time. That said if you're not in a rush, there's something quite satisfying about choosing the frame style, colour, gear-set, wheels, seat post, seat, bars and even the bar tape.

Their website shows you what the end result will look like and you can spend hours (well I can) playing around with the configurations until you're 100% certain and then hitting the buy key.

The other advantage is that you don't have to pay anything when you place the order. You simply wait until the factory has confirmed it (usually a few days later) and then you can pay as and when you like, helping to spread the cost over the few months you are waiting.

When the bike is ready you are asked for the balance and then it's shipped. In my case it was shipped on Monday and arrived yesterday, and I could track it all the way to my door.

So here she is. Stealth looking in a matt carbon finish with SRAM Force, Mavic wheels & tyres, Ritchey seat post and bars and a Fizik seat.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: New Rose.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 04:38:04 PM »
Congrats, Steve, it's beautiful!

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »
Thanks GS. Yes, I went more for a stealth look with the black matt carbon finish. Had my 1st ride on Friday afternoon, and wow what a difference a carbon frame makes. Not so much the weight difference but the stiffness...just feels like all the effort at the pedals is directly transferred to the back wheel. The seat height needs adjusting a little, but I'll get that sorted later today.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:05:08 AM »
I know feck all about bikes, Steve, but that looks an absolute beauty!  8)
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 08:35:21 AM »
It is good to have a bike you are entirely happy with . I would never buy an off the peg bike now as I would end up with a component/s that I didn't like. Rose are operating a good scheme there. .

Yes , I recall when I rode my first carbon frame, due to the power transfer and stiffness it felt a bit like someone was giving me a wee push on the hills. . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Rocketman

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 09:02:34 PM »
Lovely bike steve , I also have a German steed (focus cayo di2) . they certainly draw on their superior engineering prowess. My mate has his eye on a canyon so I will be sending him a link to rose (as he would appreciate their bike builder spec.)  hopefully nice weather is here so enjoy/thrash the Tarmac 😜
Ps- (nice thread title)  brand 'new rose' in town -the damned
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:05:53 PM by Rocketman »