Author Topic: The decline of the 3 button suit (article)  (Read 7628 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The decline of the 3 button suit (article)
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2018, 12:18:33 PM »
He was actually 35 when he made that but sadly that is still maybe 15/20 years younger than most of us.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 12:20:33 PM by Martin G »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2018, 03:28:57 PM »
He was actually 35 when he made that but sadly that is still maybe 15/20 years younger than most of us.

35 is a man's prime, Martin! Anyway, I reckon you've got to be in good shape and be of a certain height to look good in a light coloured peacoat. Nothing against the coat itself, in fact it's stunning.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2018, 04:14:29 PM »

35 is a man's prime, Martin! Anyway, I reckon you've got to be in good shape and be of a certain height to look good in a light coloured peacoat. Nothing against the coat itself, in fact it's stunning.

I asked my son , who is 20 and a big fan of Caine and that movie . He reckoned I would look good in that jacket . .

So I have spoken to my suede tailor. . :P
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 08:48:59 AM »

I asked my son , who is 20 and a big fan of Caine and that movie . He reckoned I would look good in that jacket . .

Before you raise your spirits too much, mr. Bond, I'd like to remind you that a bespoke suede peacoat nowadays wouldn't be under the 2.000 pounds mark!!!! You better keep an eye on eBay, lol.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »
Totally with you guys. Yeah agreed 35 is an age I bloody wished I was still and of course he looks in great shape, tall, good hair and all the rest. If you go for it Simon keep us up to speed on progress. It is a cracker of a coat without question.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 01:52:43 PM »

Anderson and Butler,heard they make Beautiful Ones for Filmstars!  ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile