Author Topic: JTG Sta Prest  (Read 7973 times)

Jack.92

• Just joined
    • View Profile
JTG Sta Prest
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:17:21 PM »
Decided to go for a pair of sta prest from the Jump the Gun website - obviously aware of their slim-fitting nature but wanted to know before I order what anyone who owns a pair did ie. sizing up. I'm normally a 32 waist but can fit a 30 being quite skinny.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: JTG Sta Prest
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
JTG waistband will measure exactly what they say they do. Best thing is to button up a pair of trousers that fit you, lay them flat and measure waistband. A 30" waist will measure 15" across for example. Or a tape measure around the waist might do it too.

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »
Jack.  just posted about these  in the tonic thread below.  you made a good choice.  I loves em.  i am the accursed 31" waist.  32 jeans need (i mean need) a belt, 30s just feel like a gambe  that they will shrink and cut me in half.  i buy a 34r at JTG.

couple of minor words of warning.  i bough a pair of POW that looked all wrong on me.  eventually worked out they had been pressed to follow the line of thepattern of the check, and not the cut of the trouser.  re-pressing them fixed it!  simples - but they looked funny before!

the 2 pairs of 34r i have are quite different lengths, so i guess there is fluctuations in size between pairs

low waist and  slim cut shirts (with short tails) = losts of tucking in.

other than that cant praise these strides enough.  what colour you going for?
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

WayneK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:56 PM »
For me it is down to the thigh and hip measurements. In all other trousers and jeans I am size 30. JtG trousers I size up to 34 then take in the waist.

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »
I need a belt, but not in a serious way
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

Jonny

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Jonny Monk Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 04:09:27 PM »
The waist is spot on, but the sizing up recommendation is so you can actually fit your thighs into them, because they're so 'hugging'. My favourite cut of any trouser none-the-less.

Jack.92

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys, think a 34 may be the sensible option. Mr. D - I've narrowed it down to either the black or grey window check. Thought for a minute I was the only one with a suspiciously slim waist!

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »
sounds like we have a simular size.  i also did not get issued hips, which excassorabtes the shirt problem
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »
I wish they would do a light to medium grey with no pattern  HINT, ADAM.  depending on intended use you may want to think about the colour, i find that the beige and the POW work well with a dark mis-matched jacket, pointy chelsea boots and a nice bold diagonal striped (think regimental) tie for a smart work look.  black cant be matched, and the grey window culd only really be mismatchd to a lighter jacket.  you might never do this though!

also, ive tried wearing mine with dessies as per the photos, only to be chased back into the house by Mrs_D.  apparently the trousers are too sharp for desert boots.
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

Jack.92

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
In terms of shoes I'd pair them with black or burgundy weejuns, am in need of a new pair of brogues too. Think a beige/stone harrington or windbreaker would go well with the black ones.