Author Topic: Beat, Blues and the Rhythm of Fools by Jason Disley  (Read 742 times)

theoneandonlyjasetheface

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Beat, Blues and the Rhythm of Fools by Jason Disley
« on: August 21, 2016, 06:29:01 PM »
Over the last couple of years I have been getting back to one of my favourite creative past times - writing. This year has seen myself complete a novella which I hope to see published at some point. Called,  Seven Day Fool.  It is a private eye/ detective tale set in Manchester in 1965 with plenty of interest to mods, social historians and thriller fans alike. But, whilst I wait for a release date, I have returned to writing poetry, writing a book called, Jazz Poetry - Improvisations In Language   -
A collection of Jazz related poems - that was produced with an accompanying playlist of tunes that compliment the collection.
I was very enthused by its reception on its publication,  and soon set about  writing another collection to follow on from the last. This one - Beat, Blues and the Rhythm of Fools is a collection that I am especially pleased with. Commenting on life now, it uses The Blues, and other musical influences to help convey my spontaneous thoughts on life and society now as well as paying homages to blues artists, such as Slim Harpo and Howlin Wolf. Influenced by the original Beat Generation it is written in a style that is free flowing at times but also irregular at others - akin to Jazz, and Blues rhythm's.  Jason Brummell kindly delivers a foreword to the book and states it is Unashamed in its emotional nakedness.
I hope that it connects with people and felt that as it covers a wide range of topics and is typical of the Mod mindset I felt it only right to share it here. So forgive me for what seems like just a plug, but in true mod fashion I wish to show it off and look forward to hearing your comments on this endeavour and even comments on the books should you have read them.
Cheers Jason Disley.

Both Jazz Poetry - Improvisations In Language and Beat, Blues and the Rhythm of Fools are available from lulu.com and in the coming weeks will be available from Amazon.