Author Topic: THE BEATLES - EIGHT DAYS A WEEK  (Read 704 times)

warren

• Just joined
    • View Profile
THE BEATLES - EIGHT DAYS A WEEK
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:49:50 PM »
Did anyone go to screenings last night (Thurs)?    The film's great and a must for all Beatle fans.     The 30 mins concert film afterwards was an added bonus.     to be honest, I could have done without the hour's worth of red carpet (though it was blue) interviews beforehand....   Love to hear what others thought

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: THE BEATLES - EIGHT DAYS A WEEK
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 07:36:42 AM »
Went to my local 'premiere'. Saw the Leicester Square stuff but as the film proper was about to begin there was a systems error that the management and tech guys could not sort. I was devastated as we were all asked to leave. Can't fault the service after that. Immediate refund in cash or on card, free tickets to anything we want to see in the next year and free sweets and drinks to those in the queue awaiting refund. Gutted though but thankfully managed to find a 'local-ish' screening tonight in a sort of art house cinema. Can't wait though. Will report in tomorrow.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: THE BEATLES - EIGHT DAYS A WEEK
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 09:56:57 AM »
Saw it in a packed but small screen at a local art house type cinema. Loved it! Superbly constructed piece of work by Ron Howard and his team. Obviously with the film concentrating on the touring years it was in many respects the story of live Beatle-mania and all its trappings for both the band and the fans as well as those immediately around it all. Have to be honest and say much of the footage I have seen before as a life-long fan but the unearthed bits of Super 8 hand held stuff was fantastic especially when it was edited into footage previously seen. Not entirely comfortable with the colourised footage and not quite sure why they did it either but this was a small distraction from a superb piece of work that I can't wait to see on Blu-Ray! We also had the little 'bonus' at the end with the remastered Shea Stadium film that I thought may just have been for those at the premiere screenings. Looked dazzling and like it had been filmed yesterday. Audio was great too but of course as is well known this was actually recorded again by the band weeks after the gig when it was discovered the sound from the actual gig was hardly workable so the band did it again but kinda rough around the edges to give a live feel to it. FAB!