Author Topic: Run of Remembrance  (Read 460 times)

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
Run of Remembrance
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:19:06 PM »
The A2 Aces held their annual Run of Remembrance today between Belfast and Carrickfergus. Well over 100 scoots were in attendance, along with some vintage military vehicles and quite a few big bikes. Glorious day for it, the sun shone as we left City Hall and stayed shining all day. It's a nice little run, takes us out of the city and along a coastal road with the salty air in your face. Big shout to the bikers who marshalled the run brilliantly, blocked every junction, roundabout and set of traffic lights so we could travel as a bunch. Needless to say, I had 'Can You See The Real Me' playing in my head for most of the run!!!  ;) There were several wreaths laid and a respectful silence observed, then it was time for a brew and a catch-up with old friends. All in all, it was a grand day out. Oh, and the scootering fraternity raised over 600 for local veterans charities. Not bad going at a fiver a scoot!!  :)
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Run of Remembrance
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 07:29:15 PM »
Funnily enough, The Real Me was often in my head as I rode around back in my scootering days. .

Sounds like you had a good day out too . . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
Re: Run of Remembrance
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 09:01:29 PM »
Funnily enough, The Real Me was often in my head as I rode around back in my scootering days. .

Sounds like you had a good day out too . . 8)

It's mandatory, Mr Bond!  ;)

Great day out, mate, the weather for October was cracking. Though I was glad I'd donned the budgie-smugglers!!
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot