Author Topic: Xmas gifts  (Read 781 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Xmas gifts
« on: November 12, 2016, 10:52:28 AM »
I've spotted these toy scooters in an internet catalog and I reckon they'd make a good present for the upcoming Christmas. Aimed at 3-6 years kids.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas gifts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »
Introducing the new pride and joy of the Greenstreets' living room. This beauty is a belated xmas gift from my mother (hence resurrecting the thread). Belated mainly because it's been made to order and handmade in a carpenters' workshop near Madrid. It's the brainchild of a couple of Madrid furniture designers that work under the moniker "Enola" (http://enola.es/) and specialize in scandinavian-inspired mid-century pieces: My missus and I saw some of their creations in a Madrid store and fell in love with them. The damned thing weighs a ton (it's solid oak), but we're not moving it (or so I hope) for a long long time

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:42:15 PM »
Introducing the new pride and joy of the Greenstreets' living room. This beauty is a belated xmas gift from my mother (hence resurrecting the thread). Belated mainly because it's been made to order and handmade in a carpenters' workshop near Madrid. It's the brainchild of a couple of Madrid furniture designers that work under the moniker "Enola" (http://enola.es/) and specialize in scandinavian-inspired mid-century pieces: My missus and I saw some of their creations in a Madrid store and fell in love with them. The damned thing weighs a ton (it's solid oak), but we're not moving it (or so I hope) for a long long time

Well in Sydney , that certainly looks like a quality item . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 02:58:08 PM »
That's a lovely piece of furniture that should last a lifetime. I've got something similar which is solid wood too (unsure of the variety) which we've had since 2001 and still looks as good as new. Would have preferred one like yours with drawers too but couldn't find anything suitable. Didn't think about going down the bespoke route.

On a similar vein of household furniture, I found these recently in a charity shop. Made from steel, I'm not sure where they came from or if there is any age to them either, but I like the feel and look of them.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »
I like the "sculpture", Steve, it looks very 60s to me  8).

To be honest, I would never have thought of the made to order route with furniture, but seeing the final product (a similar one anyway) in a design store made me research the Enola brand, and as the prices were affordable I persuaded my mother that we desperately needed that sideboard  ;D

I have to say the Enola guys were very helpful and there were no problems at all with our required measurements and specifications. My wife is so pleased with the results that she wants to request a side table too!