Author Topic: Crombie or smart winter coats  (Read 3090 times)

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Crombie or smart winter coats
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 03:49:56 PM »
Look good but I'd rather go for something waterproof, especially in this stinking climate
Do it well

Bill The Pill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
Bill, I have one of the JTG raincoats. Very nice, unfussy and slim fitting. Worth the money mate imho.
Cheers Mark.

Bill The Pill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2017, 09:00:55 PM »
Ma experiences ay Australian rain ye'd need a scuba suit tae keep it oot!

Yeah,when it rains up here.....it really rains,thankfully we dont get much of it!

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »

Yeah,when it rains up here.....it really rains,thankfully we dont get much of it!

Very true!  8)
If I still lived in Melbourne, it's four seasons in one day. However, winter in Ballarat is like the UK on a good [weather] day. Wet and miserable...  ;)
ďThe fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.Ē Mary Quant

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 10:20:00 PM »

Very true!  8)
If I still lived in Melbourne, it's four seasons in one day. However, winter in Ballarat is like the UK on a good [weather] day. Wet and miserable...  ;)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 09:53:16 PM »
By the way I had a day in New York today and nipped in to Uniqlo to escape the rain. Got some socks and yet another Breton type top. Socks were $2 per pair, top was $15.

I looked at the crombie style coats. They were reduced to $120. They still didnít impress me. I tried on a medium over my blazer. Shoulders OK, sleeves too long, length acceptable, skirts way too flared and that was with the vent still basted. The hand is quite soft due to the cashmere content and it still has a rough flannel-like texture but what I really didnít like was the colour - in real life itís a sort of dirty tan not the gold-mustard-camel colour I was expecting. Anyway Iím not being sent up here very often these days and donít have the need for another formal winter coat so I took my other goodies and bounced!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 07:39:26 AM »
By the way I had a day in New York today and nipped in to Uniqlo to escape the rain. Got some socks and yet another Breton type top. Socks were $2 per pair, top was $15.

At 2,90Ä in Europe, their socks are very good value for money, a substantial poly/cotton mix, way better than Zara or Mango.

BTW, some time ago someone here -mr. Bond maybe?- complained about the difficulty to find well priced vertical striped socks; well, Uniqlo has got them at 3,90 Ä/pair, albeit in just two shades of grey:

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
Aye Uniqlo is whaur ah buy most ay ma socks these days.

Buy 2 or 3 pairs in the same colour then when ye get a hole in yin ye kin keep it's neighbour as a spare until another pair turns holey.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »

At 2,90Ä in Europe, their socks are very good value for money, a substantial poly/cotton mix, way better than Zara or Mango.

BTW, some time ago someone here -mr. Bond maybe?- complained about the difficulty to find well priced vertical striped socks; well, Uniqlo has got them at 3,90 Ä/pair, albeit in just two shades of grey:

Not so much the cost , Sydney , more like the lack of availability . .

If I'm not wearing socks that match my outfit , my default colour is always red . I think it is a late Mod thing and it shows my movements better when dancing . I was on a course recently and I got comments about my sock choice from "normals" , mostly complimentary. . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Ady C

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 05:32:47 PM »
Aye Uniqlo is whaur ah buy most ay ma socks these days.

Buy 2 or 3 pairs in the same colour then when ye get a hole in yin ye kin keep it's neighbour as a spare until another pair turns holey.

I never thought to do that! I've been chucking them out when one of them get holey   :(
And will you shorten the sleeves, love? I'm not a gorilla.