Author Topic: ROBSON GREEN COAST Mods and Rockers!  (Read 555 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
ROBSON GREEN COAST Mods and Rockers!
« on: February 24, 2017, 07:06:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIGTs7K7bdI

Christ! Saw this the other night.

paddy67

• See you at the Go Go!
    • View Profile
Re: ROBSON GREEN COAST Mods and Rockers!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 02:03:38 AM »
I knew it was gonna be the usual rubbish when I saw the Doc Martins in the first Scooter clip! Next clip an SX (started to get hopefull) then saw the sundance grips and a couple of P ranges in the background, 3rd clip a modded up GP and then in the 4th clip we have the trusty  targets! Same old lazy journalism, no attention to detail and there's the irony!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 09:04:26 AM »
I think to be honest one of the main problems with this sort of thing, or indeed any news piece or documentary relating to a very specific subject, is the parties who agree to get involved. The whole tone of the piece would have been different if the 'Mods' and 'Rockers' involved had been a more sensible switched on type as opposed to the people involved in this who were simply seemingly happy just to be on camera. Over the years I have been at many events, particularly during 2014,  when members of the press or media have approached mates of mine or myself and the minute they ask you to start chanting 'We Are The Mods' and you refuse they wander off to the Herberts who can't wait to do just that. However I think you are right to a greater degree too. Another of my interests is old TV shows and at many conventions or events relating to them I've seen film crews totally ignore genuine actors who've appeared in them but head straight toward some numpty dressed in an ill fitting costume from the programme.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 09:29:47 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIGTs7K7bdI

Christ! Saw this the other night.

Here is some detail here Martin . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMKGWh7qbog

. .the devil is in the detail. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 10:18:02 AM »
Muuuuch better! But then PW should know how it's done.  8)

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »
Muuuuch better! But then PW should know how it's done.  8)

You are right Sidney , Weller does know how whereas Robs*n Green is just cringe material , no style at all . .

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 12:56:43 PM »
That piece is quite good I agree. Weller just narrated it the text was written by Mark Baxter but they are close pals and pretty attuned to the more positive aspects of the whole scene. Emma's Mod documentaries are pretty good too. I know a few of the folk in it and they are what can be considered the more sensible end of things. I think there is one young lad who is in both so maybe he will simply be a little more discerning with things he gets involved in having seen one come out well and the other no so much. Then again it is like all things whether it be fishing, supporting a football team, stamp collecting or a lifestyle like 'Teds' or 'Mod's there are numpties involved as well as those who get it right or who have a real handle on it. No law against being at either end of the scale of course.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:01:58 PM by Martin G »

Stax

• Just realised you can change the 'just joined' bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »
To be fair, i wouldn't really expect an in-depth exploration of mod in a programme about robson green at the seaside  :)

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »
Indeed, and nostalgia isnae what it used to be . .

Although the clip was mostly cringe material , I am happy to know that the culture of Mod still exists and the events still happen , there must be millions like us . . 8)

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 09:03:30 AM »
I just watched it.  ::)

If our [Melbourne] Mods vs Rockers Charity Rides were publicised in this way, it would be embarrassing, to say the least. I guess the one good thing about the Mod and Rocker scenes here in Australia, there aren't many of us to go through such "nostalgia" naffness by the media.

Now, if had been Bodgies & Widgies and Sharpies - see relevant media below - it would be a cringeworthy moment, especially for my late father who was a Bodgie  :'( and my £10 Pommie mother who was Sharpie.  :)

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/hindsight/the-young-ones----bodgies-26-widgies/4109816
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/deepend/sharpies/3418262
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant