Author Topic: Paul Weller - Crowdfunding his label.  (Read 1106 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Weller - Crowdfunding his label.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »
.... so, I take it you guys won't be buying in??? ;D
mod in Detroit

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 06:55:22 PM »
In defence of  RSAR, i have several pairs of the kick and parallel trousers and a couple of the 6 button db jackets and the quality and fit of all my purchases has been first class. Granted the collection is overpriced but everything i have bought has been in the sale.......and i`m definitely not a Weller clone.

I don`t see a long term future for the brand though and the crowd funding thing is slightly toe curling.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »
In defence of  RSAR, i have several pairs of the kick and parallel trousers and a couple of the 6 button db jackets and the quality and fit of all my purchases has been first class. Granted the collection is overpriced but everything i have bought has been in the sale.......and i`m definitely not a Weller clone.

I don`t see a long term future for the brand though and the crowd funding thing is slightly toe curling.

I agree. The quality and fit for me is very good, the look IMO isn't "boring".
The site states the line is "mod influenced",  It's a nice option from the ubiquitous 3 button & ticket pocket suits (which are numerous and of varying quality). Now I've seen some gear on the forum that while may look good on some folks, looks too conservative or age inappropriate for me.. "Different strokes for different folks...." and all...
Crowd funding issue aside (it's a common way to raise money now, even some name film directors use it to bypass their usual financing) I have to wonder if the critiques of  RSAR isn't really that people think it's crass for Weller to have a side business??
mod in Detroit

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »
He should lose that stupid logo for a start.
Not stuck in the 60's