Author Topic: Levi's Vintage Clothing  (Read 6004 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Levi's Vintage Clothing
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 12:22:37 AM »
Embdy wearin' them breeks deserves a boot in the baws.

Wonder if LVC huv designed a range ay footwear fit fur purpose........

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 07:51:10 AM »
My eyes!! I wouldn't let myself be buried in those abominations. LVC, pop down to Boots (other chemists are available) and buy a family size bottle of wise up!!!
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 10:44:19 AM »
I don't remember seeing anything that looked like those when I was growing up... ???

But Mike, "if you remember the 60's, you weren't really there..."  ;)
I was a bit "too young" to be a participant, but was a very astute "observer"! ;D
mod in Detroit

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 12:16:17 PM »
Much of the LVC line has been lovely but comedy expensive. All I own is a pair of 1966 501s and I lucked out on eBay on those too and not at full price. However these are shocking. I was in ZARA the other day and there are current jeans for sale that are made to look like someone has 'Tippex-ed' slogans and stuff on them so clearly designers wiser than us (?????) think this look is going to be big this Summer.

Steve McKing

• "Life is too short to wear s**t clothes"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 10:51:57 PM »
Much of the LVC line has been lovely but comedy expensive. All I own is a pair of 1966 501s and I lucked out on eBay on those too and not at full price. However these are shocking. I was in ZARA the other day and there are current jeans for sale that are made to look like someone has 'Tippex-ed' slogans and stuff on them so clearly designers wiser than us (?????) think this look is going to be big this Summer.

Hold out and you can get lots of LVC cheap in the sales.
The only tricky thing about LVC is Levis' inconsistency in their cut.
The first run is always good and then they tailor their heritage lines to suit present trends... which is a shame.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 11:51:38 PM »

They already have successfully sold shed loads of jeans to the public that look like they are ready for the bin , in that they have been slashed and ripped to within an inch if their lives . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 09:19:57 AM »

They already have successfully sold shed loads of jeans to the public that look like they are ready for the bin , in that they have been slashed and ripped to within an inch if their lives . .

Bloody Ramones!!!   ;D

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 03:06:35 PM »
Speaking of which,the next person I see with a Ramones tshirt who obviously has never even heard of them,never mind bought the classic It's Alive is getting lamped!

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »
Speaking of which,the next person I see with a Ramones tshirt who obviously has never even heard of them,never mind bought the classic It's Alive is getting lamped!

Firstly how do you know they haven't heard them, secondly why do you have to be a fan to wear a band t shirt?  If fashion is an expression of self and they like the design then what's wrong with that?
Not stuck in the 60's

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 05:09:27 PM »

Firstly how do you know they haven't heard them, secondly why do you have to be a fan to wear a band t shirt?  If fashion is an expression of self and they like the design then what's wrong with that?

They could get the same design wi' "The Morons" written oan it.