Author Topic: UFO  (Read 964 times)

banjo

• Just joined
    • View Profile
UFO
« on: May 21, 2017, 04:19:21 PM »
I just noticed that UFO is being shown on something called Forces TV on Sky channel 264. I loved this programme as a kid.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: UFO
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »
An absolute fave of mine too. Great Hammond driven theme from Barry Gray talking of which 'Trampoline' by The Spencer Davis Group is featured in the episode 'Ordeal'. Also keep an eye out for original Small Faces member Jimmy Winston in the episode 'Destruction'. 

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »
I also loved this programme as a kid but don't know if I'd still be up for it . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 11:14:24 PM »
The usual Paisley nightclub fashions oan display.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:16:41 AM »
 Good point Laird. .I nearly forgot about that. .

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 12:14:58 PM »
I have been fortunate over the years to have met and interviewed pretty much the entire cast and crew of UFO. Peter Gordeno was an especially lovely fella despite being in not the best of health. Had the most incredible house I have ever seen which I didn't expect given he was mostly well known in the 1960s and early '70s. Met Georgina Moon a year or so back at a convention and she is still not a bad looking lady but again this was a show when all but the key actors were cast for their looks as they had been models or dancers. Very few still alive sadly.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 06:48:19 AM »
It was a great show backk in the day that even the adults seemed to enjoy . I see Gabrielle Drake is still going which is good . .

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »
UFO can be looked at by many as the very pinnacle of the extended run of classic Gerry Anderson shows produced through the 1960s. The earlier puppet programmes were of course hugely popular with kids and the later ones like THUNDERBIRDS and 'CAPTAIN SCARLET' were enjoyed by adults as they were genuine family viewing. Gerry and his team sought to reach their peak of production with UFO simply taking all the ideas from the earlier programmes with them but substituting actors for puppets but still with the great opening titles, dynamic characters, amazing special effects and stunning miniatures. As noted very few of the main cast are still alive aside from Gabrielle Drake, Antonia Ellis, Wanda Ventham and Ayshea Brough. All the male leads and a many of the guest stars are now gone but the show I guess keeps them alive in their heyday.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:41:04 PM by Martin G »

banjo

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 05:24:59 PM »
Martin, for some reason I thought Winston was in Space 1999. I've no idea why I thought that so I'll keep an eye out for him.

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 06:37:35 PM »
Looks awful.
Not stuck in the 60's