Author Topic: What ad was that?  (Read 633 times)

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: What ad was that?
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 08:55:38 PM »
I found it. I was sitting in the car this evening and then it struck me: it was Becks! I looked it up and lo and behold, there it was. Itīs different to how I remember it but I still think itīs creepy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QldJh-kv0Tc
Thanks for all the help and the clips posted, very interesting to look at. Even if mod isnīt that mainstream in the UK you can still use it for ads and people would know what it is, I donīt think that would be the case in Germany no matter how obvious you made it.

I do remember that one but it seems like a lifetime ago now. .

Nice scooter in this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyQtiNhLSY

I worked in Soho for a short period when I lived in London and used to take my lunch in Soho Square outside McCartneyīs offices. I never saw him but it was still cool, and the painting from the cover of Tug Of War was hanging in the reception. I also remember going into the pubs and people were discussing film projects they were working on. Great place to be.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
I found it. I was sitting in the car this evening and then it struck me: it was Becks! I looked it up and lo and behold, there it was. Itīs different to how I remember it but I still think itīs creepy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QldJh-kv0Tc
Thanks for all the help and the clips posted, very interesting to look at. Even if mod isnīt that mainstream in the UK you can still use it for ads and people would know what it is, I donīt think that would be the case in Germany no matter how obvious you made it.

Congrats for reminding it, RM, it's awful when a name eludes you and you spend days and days trying to recall it. Certainly the ad is weird, with the filthy surroundings and the zombie-like puppets. And the guy on the left may (or he may not) be mod-related. Anyway, I've never liked Beck.

Most people here in Spain wouldn't have a clue if they'd put on TV a mod-related ad, but I'm sure it'd bring some memories to many 80s raised kids, especially if the models wear a parka.  ;D

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 01:15:18 PM »
Odelay is a brilliant album, but for some reason never bought anything else by him.
Not stuck in the 60's

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »
Odelay is a brilliant album, but for some reason never bought anything else by him.

I find "his" albums a bit samey:

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »
Odelay is the album that people buy if they are only going to buy one of his albums but both Morning Phase and Mutations are excellent. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »