Author Topic: DREAMSVILLE 2017  (Read 1213 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
DREAMSVILLE 2017
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »
Not an upcoming event I know but unsure where else to post. Like most of you here in the UK my pals and I have been doing runs/rallies, 'night's', weekenders or whatever for too long to remember. Over the last few years lots of guys and gals we meet or chat to at them have all mentioned or suggested DREAMSVILLE as one to check out. So this year we did. I cannot speak highly enough of it and for me it already, after one visit, feel it stands head and shoulders above events I go to at Brighton or Margate (The regulars I've been going to for some years) for example. Nothing taken away from those or other things like the MODCAST events or gigs we go to of course but DREAMSVILLE really was something special. Great venue, superb DJs and music some of whom I knew but some who were new to me. The crowd were good too. Think I may have spotted a few familiar faces from around these parts but not at a time an introduction would have been appropriate so apologies to anyone from here who may have felt they were 'blanked' you honestly weren't. (That's if you even recognise me)  It is a bit of a 'hidden gem' on the Mod Calendar and rightly so as I know from one trip I wouldn't want it spoilt by loads of 'erberts just out to get beered up at the sea-side which some other events have devolved in to. I know there are some who don't like the so called 'elitist' attitude of some but any venue that has a dress code has a perfect right to do so. I think at Mod related events so many Fred Perry and Harington type blokes simply pitch up somewhere because they see a Target or a scooter rider on a poster for an event expecting to hear The Who or The Jam and Madness all night and then are disappointed and simply decide to get hammered at the bar. DREAMSVILLE is very strict and this meant the crowd were generally superbly turned out, into the music and less into the booze and mindful of those around them. I found it a breath of fresh air and think the guys behind the event are to be applauded big time.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:58:31 PM by Martin G »

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: DREAMSVILLE 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »
My third year and its a cracker, im absolutely shattered after that weekend, still dancing at 4am  :D B&B already re-booked just got to make sure i can get tickets for next year now. Helps living round the corner from one of the organisers tho  ;)

paddy67

• See you at the Go Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 10:06:34 PM »
My first time too Martin and I agree it was great! Wasn't great driving 7 hours home with a banging headache! We'll definitely be back ☺

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 07:54:35 AM »
Nice one guys. Glad you both enjoyed it as much as I did. Paddy I did think I spotted you having recognised you from some of the photos here in your clobber. Only a 2 1/2 hr drive for us which was quite tolerable.

Diabolik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
A 4 hour drive for me but well worth the pain!

I'm also booked in for next year as unsuprisingly accommodation fills really quickly.

Dreamsville is such a friendly welcoming place. After a really bad year for me personally since last years event (the passing of my Mum from a long fight against cancer being the final straw) it was the first event I'd attended this year and it certainly didn't disappoint.

Good to see you Martin, all be it briefly. And Lammyrider, I'm pretty sure I saw you on the dance floor. Oh the tunes!

All the Dj's played a blinder including Neil Lee of this here parish.

Dreamsville remains a very cool place indeed, although some may have thought my beard lowered the tone! ;D

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
I'd agree on all counts mate! Yes Neil did play some great stuff. We booked up the hotel upon departure and found within an hour of getting home when a mate tried to book the same place as ours it too was completely booked up. With so many folk sporting all number of facial hairstyles and haircuts and looks that fall under our umbrella your beard looked by far the most distinguished and not out of place at all. Hope to see you and David before next year too though.

Diabolik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 04:48:12 PM »
I'm sure our paths will cross Martin.

Soulstar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 04:56:51 PM »
Totally agree with all the above (especially Diabolik's beard lowering the tone! ;)).

I hadn't realised there were so many forum members in attendance (I was actually chatting to Ian B on the Friday about how Facebook seems to have detracted from MC forum members hunting each other down). I'm sure it's also opened up other connections 'though - identifiable profile pictures help.

There's a brief video going around of the last song being played on the Saturday night (4 a.m. Sunday). It's always "I'm only dreaming" - the dance floor is heaving with old and young, arms around shoulders and a real celebratory atmosphere - like the end of a wild but good-natured wedding. Not at all cheesy, just good music and friendly people.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »
Yes mate I saw that film. Sums up the atmosphere. Great analogy too on the whole thing being like a big family event or wedding too. Spot on! We turned in at 1am on the Friday and 2.30 am on the Saturday but wished we'd carried on now seeing as how it all seemed to build nicely at the last knockings!

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 08:21:54 PM »
I was kicked out a sweaty mess when the lights went up both nights  ;D even hung around to watch the daft sods go for a dawn swim  :o was lucky enough to experiance it in the small room a few years back and its now a very different beast but a great weekend with some awesome tunes played and a very friendly if roasting hot atmosphere  ;D