Author Topic: DREAMSVILLE 2017  (Read 1218 times)

paddy67

• See you at the Go Go!
    • View Profile
Re: DREAMSVILLE 2017
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 08:48:02 PM »
You should have said hi Martin  :) I was gonna say hi to lammy but I wasn't 100% sure it was you! I had a talk with Ian on the Saturday afternoon  :) I was talking to Glenn Merrifield on Saturday night but it wasn't until I got home and saw his photos that I realised he was out with you Diabolik! Small world we live in! I was in the sea at the end on the Saturday night! Seemed like a good idea at the time! Off to the dry cleaners tomorrow as I've got water stains on me trews  :'(

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »
I haven't been since they moved into the big room.  Maybe I should go back.

Always feels weird going back to Lowestoft, my home town!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:33 PM »
Paddy next time I will say hello mate. To be honest, you can take this as a compliment, you look tons younger in real life, than your photos so wasn't sure if it was you 100%. I know a guy who is good pals of Diabolik who was one of those who decided to 'Wade In The Water' too. I can't imagine what your suit looks like. He took his trousers off apparently but left his jacket and tie on!! His little crowd were very sharply dressed I thought too and very 'Rat Pack' type of thing. Wolfe it must be a bit mad going 'home' as it were to an event like this. Hardly home for me but by coincidence we were there two weeks before for a short break with my Mother-In-Law so it was all very familiar. Like I say though being, like many of you, an old timer at this sort of stuff it must have been good to have made such an impression on me and it seems so many others.

paddy67

• See you at the Go Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 10:35:09 PM »
Cheers Martin :) the camera never lies  ;) I'm 50 in a few weeks! I'll post a photo up tomorrow when I've  downloaded imgur! Yeah it made a big impression on me! Definitely be back! Troon on the Saturday night just shades it for me because of the venue though!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »
Paddy a slip of a lad to an oldster like me! (Wish I was still in my 40s) Yeah I think we all agree the weekend was something quite special. Saw the sort of official over-view film on YOU TUBE last night and it does give a flavour of the whole affair. Decent crowd, lovely scooters and great mix of ages, gender and nationalities too. Even spotted myself on there at one point. Great time though but takes swim trunks next time!

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
Brilliant weekend as always!!! Great to catch up with a few from on here (Paddy, Andrew (Diabolik) & Bill (SoulStar) amongst others .... as for age ... you are all youngsters to this 60 year old BOF ; ;)
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »
Yeah I guess most of us are but 'pups' compared to your good self mate.

paddy67

• See you at the Go Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »
Great to meet you Ian  :) Deffo speedos next time Martin!

Diabolik

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 10:32:08 PM »
Sorry I missed having a chat to you Paddy, but I'll put that right at some time4 during the year I'm sure.
Yeah, it was my mate Dave that went paddling without his trousers. I'm hopeful that they don't use that image to promote the smart dress code for next years event!

paddy67

• See you at the Go Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 02:43:18 PM »
I don't think they'd sell out with that image on the poster!  Lol  :) Hopefully catch up soon mate  :)