Author Topic: DREAMSVILLE 2017  (Read 1217 times)

W12mod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: DREAMSVILLE 2017
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »
Our first time as well, was very impressed (apart from the heat, it was really hot, slightly better on the Saturday).

Nice town (first time I've been) with loads of (mobility) scooters, never seen so many in one place. Decent places to eat and it didn't cost a fortune.

Martin, shame you left at 0130 on Saturday, I think from 0200 to 0400 was the best part, it did seem to empty out a bit but everyone just got really into it. Very surreal wandering out at 0400 to it being light!

We thought it might be a bit elitist but everyone was very friendly. The hotels were close to the venue, a mere 5 min walk along the promenade and ours was about 3/4 full with a mod crowd.

Was really well organised and we have booked the hotel again for next year.

The highlight for me was as we walked into the venue on Friday, just as you get to the main room and see the venue packed with so many smart people was spine tingling. Yes many of us not the youngest but what a sight it was. I'm used to smaller venues and it's been a long long time since I have been anywhere with so many smart suited people filling a very large dance floor.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Mike

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 07:31:37 PM »
Trust me that was a cool one, its usually way,way hotter  ;D  ;D

Diabolik

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »
I'd planned to wear a 3 piece suit on the Saturday night, but as the air con was a little bit on the small side, binned that idea in favour of a seersucker number. At 4.00am even the money in my pocket was sweaty!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 12:17:16 PM »
It was warm both nights but that is preferable to a cold rainy weekend so no complaints from me. I tried it light weight as well. Both nights vintage half lined 'Ivy' type jackets but still ended up soaking. Maybe next time Seersucker is indeed the way ahead for me as well. Or perhaps just my pants as that clearly is the way forward for members of Diaboliks' team.

Neil Lee

• Clothes, Football, Scooters & Music in that order.
    • View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »
A 4 hour drive for me but well worth the pain!

I'm also booked in for next year as unsuprisingly accommodation fills really quickly.

Dreamsville is such a friendly welcoming place. After a really bad year for me personally since last years event (the passing of my Mum from a long fight against cancer being the final straw) it was the first event I'd attended this year and it certainly didn't disappoint.

Good to see you Martin, all be it briefly. And Lammyrider, I'm pretty sure I saw you on the dance floor. Oh the tunes!

All the Dj's played a blinder including Neil Lee of this here parish.

Dreamsville remains a very cool place indeed, although some may have thought my beard lowered the tone! ;D

Cheers Andy, i'm flattered.

Your beard did lower the tone....  ;)

P.S. Not sure if you have spoken to Mr Sandland but had him and Janice over to ours on Saturday with Will for my sons birthday party. Ask him about my Health & Safety BBQ exploits.
Gettin' To The Point
30th September 2017
Hull

https://www.facebook.com/events/181665118990983/

Neil Lee

• View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 05:59:23 PM »
I'd agree on all counts mate! Yes Neil did play some great stuff. We booked up the hotel upon departure and found within an hour of getting home when a mate tried to book the same place as ours it too was completely booked up. With so many folk sporting all number of facial hairstyles and haircuts and looks that fall under our umbrella your beard looked by far the most distinguished and not out of place at all. Hope to see you and David before next year too though.

Cheers Martin.
Gettin' To The Point
30th September 2017
Hull

Neil Lee

• View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »
By the way Gettin' To The Point on September 30th is down to the last 3 tickets.

If anybody wants one PM me asap.

https://www.facebook.com/events/181665118990983
Gettin' To The Point
30th September 2017
Hull