Author Topic: BBC Mods of today  (Read 636 times)

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
BBC Mods of today
« on: July 20, 2017, 04:59:05 AM »
Do it well

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
Re: BBC Mods of today
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 07:17:13 AM »
I've just seen it myself and its got some fantastic photos of dancers. The clothes look great. There are a few photos of peoples faces caught in a funny way but I'm sure they'll cope. Overall I'd say thumbs up. The quotes are spot on.
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
 Good stuff LM . I have always thought younger Mods carried the style that bit better . When one has lost hair  it is much more limited as far as ones coiffure is concerned , it is that bit more difficult to carry the style. I remember Weller saying that if he lost his hair it would be a disaster , there is some truth in there as far as a Mod is concerned anyway. .hats do come in handy though. . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 07:56:39 AM »
I have a lot of faith in the youth of today - Millennials or whatever they're called. Very switched on
Do it well

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 09:52:56 AM »
A guy at work forwarded the link to me this morning too. Will check the exhibition out myself. I know quite a few of the guys and gals in the pics on the BBC site. As noted many of the younger crowd 'get it' far better than some who have supposedly been into it for 30 years. Agreed though a slim build and a full head of hair does go a long way toward creating an over all sharper image.

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 12:04:34 PM »
A guy at work forwarded the link to me this morning too. Will check the exhibition out myself. I know quite a few of the guys and gals in the pics on the BBC site. As noted many of the younger crowd 'get it' far better than some who have supposedly been into it for 30 years. Agreed though a slim build and a full head of hair does go a long way toward creating an over all sharper image.

Hear! Hear! Mr G :)
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 12:24:19 PM »
It isn't meant to rub people up the wrong way when I say it. However I am gladdened to see young lads and girls at events whether they be the Brit-Pop type kids or young Weller fans as it shows they have a certain sense of style and taste in music at odds to most of their peers. But it is even better when you see some of these kids like many of those in these pictures who have kinda come out of nowhere but look like they stepped straight out of The Scene Club.....but even smarter than the kids did back then! I saw some of these only this last weekend and it warms my heart as they stand out a mile. Class kids.

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 01:00:29 PM »
Agree Martin, it seems even more difficult these days for kids to 'stand out' in anyway.  Anything slightly different to the norm is often mocked, and with social media it gives the masses a platform to target whoever they like from the safety of a keyboard.

I had a neighbour who was (still is) a big heavy metal fan and he wears all the gear.  Well he came back to visit someone and as he walked from his car a kid about 10 years old just stopped and stared at him as if he was from another planet.  He's probably never seen anyone dress like that before.

Back in the day it was quite common to see punks, goths, mods, teddy boys, heavy metalers, etc etc...
Not stuck in the 60's

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 03:20:39 PM »
I've just seen it myself and its got some fantastic photos of dancers. The clothes look great. There are a few photos of peoples faces caught in a funny way but I'm sure they'll cope. Overall I'd say thumbs up. The quotes are spot on.

Agree, some very nice pics & quotes, but not just that, a smart page design too, with great use of the scroll. Wish I could attend the exhibition  :-\

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »
It isn't meant to rub people up the wrong way when I say it. However I am gladdened to see young lads and girls at events whether they be the Brit-Pop type kids or young Weller fans as it shows they have a certain sense of style and taste in music at odds to most of their peers. But it is even better when you see some of these kids like many of those in these pictures who have kinda come out of nowhere but look like they stepped straight out of The Scene Club.....but even smarter than the kids did back then! I saw some of these only this last weekend and it warms my heart as they stand out a mile. Class kids.

Indeed , it is great to see young people that have got it right , afterall it is a youth cult , this Mod thing. .

Yeh got it on the missing other youth cults . Apart from the the occasional hippy , and the rare goth , youth cults other than Mod seem to have vanished , in fact I don't seem to see proper Grebos anymore either .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!