Author Topic: 4 wins. .  (Read 492 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
4 wins. .
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:44:12 AM »
Baring a calamity , it looks like Froome is on course for his 4th Tour de France win which of course would  put him in the exclusive club of mulitple Tour winners. .

This years race has proven to be more exciting than recent years with the time gaps still tight going into the last couple of days . The ITT tomorrow will be the decider ,no doubt. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

charliebravo69

• Modernist, Cyclist, Pissartist
    • View Profile
Re: 4 wins. .
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:01:19 AM »
Been a fantastic tour, really enjoyed it. I've been willing Bardet to succeed as I'm not really a big fan of Froome, especially his style on the bike. Barguill has been superb and the green jersey comp has been great - such a shame that kittel went out like he did, not forgetting the sagan/cav controversy.

Worst bit for me though was stage 12, we were in France and just 10k from the route and didn't get to see it as the wife needed an urgent Drs appointment for a viral infection - gutted.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 03:01:41 PM »
Been a fantastic tour, really enjoyed it. I've been willing Bardet to succeed as I'm not really a big fan of Froome, especially his style on the bike. Barguill has been superb and the green jersey comp has been great - such a shame that kittel went out like he did, not forgetting the sagan/cav controversy.

Worst bit for me though was stage 12, we were in France and just 10k from the route and didn't get to see it as the wife needed an urgent Drs appointment for a viral infection - gutted.

A pity that you didn't manage to catch the peloton when you were in France , but I suspect you will get the opportunity again in the future. .

I would agree that this Tour has been very good with plenty of excitement supplied by the likes of young Bardet and wee Barguil , the next generation and of course young Sean Yates who has managed to retain the White Jersey.

Personally, l would like to see Froome win because he is 'British' , I understand completely what you mean about his 'style' but I still think he deserves to get the win depending on the TT of course which , could be one of the more exciting TT's from recent years. .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:42:55 PM by Simon Bond »

charliebravo69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 12:10:07 PM »
Well, barring calamity its his fourth win. Great ride too by Sean Yates & Dan Martin

That climb on the TT course was a bit of a brute - I was sweating and building up lactic acid just watching them go up that.

I see that CF has alluded to riding the Vuelta in 4 weeks - should be interesting to see if he can retain form and whether he is riding for himself. I'd like to see him have a go at the Giro which for me is the best GT, I'm going to really try with the Vuelta but it often leaves me a bit bored in all honesty and the scenery just doesn't match France or Italy

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 06:44:44 AM »
Best tour for sometime imho. Thought Froomey was superb. Really interested in how does at the Vuelta; if he wins it I understand he'll be the first to do Tour/Vuelta double since Hinault in '78 I think it was

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »
Best tour for sometime imho. Thought Froomey was superb. Really interested in how does at the Vuelta; if he wins it I understand he'll be the first to do Tour/Vuelta double since Hinault in '78 I think it was

I think you are right , Buddie, whatever happens this Vuelta should make for very interesting viewing . .

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 09:47:02 PM »
Looks like Froomey is set to make history on Sunday by being the first British rider to win the Vuelta de Espana !  :D

Maybe if Race Radio had been around in 1984 a British rider would have won it then. . :o

charliebravo69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 06:49:38 AM »
I still struggle with Froomey being British - it's not like he grew up in Mansfield or somewhere is it? British by design rather than choice for me - not to mention his riding style! Saying that I hope he wins

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »
I suppose Froomey is about as British as Wiggo. I think there are a few athletes now under the British colours who are from outside the UK of Great Britain.  .and Norn Iron. .

charliebravo69

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 07:38:57 AM »
I just can't seem to warm to Froomey. He's one of those people that I can't seem to like.

Cycling for me though, is the one sport where nationality really doesn't matter - I'll shout for whoever depending on the circumstances. That lone winner from a breakaway, the rider who's had a bit of a s**t time recently, the one whose birthday it is, the one doing the lions share of the work or the one pedalling squares and suffering like no one else before him. That's the great thing about the sport for me - I can change allegiances depending on the day on the road or outside influences at the drop of a hat :)