Author Topic: Isle Of White  (Read 657 times)

ross-wfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Isle Of White
« on: August 08, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »
So for the 1st time ever i have been talked into going to the Isle Of White for the scooter rally. I have always gone and really enjoyed Brighton but the lads in my scooter club have talked me into a change this year. I had tickets for Hipshaker which has now been cancelled so where do people of a Mod persuasion plan on going? I don't fancy traibute acts or The Beat, love a RnB ? Northern night really.

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Isle Of White
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »
The do at ryde castle should be decent  ;) 1st year since the late 90's im not going. Not as good as it used to be now the rally site hosts the main do. Ryde is so much quieter and the locals tend to go to the pub do's and act like dickheads  ::)

ross-wfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 04:49:45 PM »
As i feared then, was plannig to go to Ryde on the Friday and then Sandown on The Staurday to meet the rest of my scooter club. Roll on next year, back to Brighton.

hipshaker

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »
These might be suitable,  taken from the Isle of Wight Rally Facebook group (I edited others that might not suit out), hence the format ..... hopefully you got a refund sorted ok?

Venue: Blacksheep Bar, Ryde
Event: Three Button Heroes
Nights: Friday - Sunday
Bands: n/a
DJs: Kev Lock & Soulful Sally

Venue: Coburgs, Ryde
Event: Ricky Tick
Nights: Thursday - Saturday
DJs: Ricky Tick DJs plus Karl Morgan

Venue: The Crown, Ryde
Event: Northern Soul at The Crown
Nights: Thursday - Sunday
DJs: Pete Kelross, Kev Johansen, Lindsay Jobling, The Major, Jimmy Drake, Scouse, Bernie Francy

Venue: The Falcon, Ryde
Event: Soulville Sounds
Nights: Friday
Bands: No
DJs: Soulville Sounds DJs

Venue: The Marine Bar, Ryde
Event: Rhythm & Soul Party including The LJB Alldayer on Saturday and Southampton Soul Club Alldayer on Sunday
Nights: Thursday - Monday
DJs:
Alfie Linney, Johnny Weston, Tobias Hermanns, Fiona Shelton, Wigan Brian, mtbc, Pat Murphy, Tim Smithers, Rod Forder, Remy Soul, Mitch, Ray & Tara

Venue: Riverside, The Quay, Newport PO30 2QR
Event: 'BREAKAWAY" Northern Soul All Dayer
Nights: Saturday (12 Noon to 12 Midnight)
Bands: NO
DJs:
Ann Taylor, John Herbert, Steve Price, David Ryan Mitch Drake, Les Csonge, Vicky Sanders, Ian Gregory, Mark Davis + Guests

Venue: Royal Esplanade Hotel
Event:
Nights: Friday - Sunday
DJs: Soul on the Square DJs, Mickee Edwards, Miss Chelle plus friends

Venue: Ryde Castle Hotel, Ryde
Event: The Happening
Nights: Friday - Sunday, including Saturday and Sunday midday until 5pm outside in the beer garden
DJs: Danny Peach, Rob Messer, Jon Drake, Ann Taylor, Mark Bale, Ian Stebbings, Kev Mahony

ross-wfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 04:35:02 PM »
Fantastic, thanks for that hipshaker. My brother brought our tickets, but he's lying in the sun in Zante atm, he's home on Saturday so will find out about the refund then.

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 08:25:45 PM »
I'd definitely check out the LJB  at the marine bar if i was there, really enjoyed their alldayer a few weeks back and although the music is good at the ricky tick the locals are f**king annoying, dancefloor was inch deep in beer last two years 🙄

hipshaker

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 11:15:14 PM »
Fantastic, thanks for that hipshaker. My brother brought our tickets, but he's lying in the sun in Zante atm, he's home on Saturday so will find out about the refund then.

No worries, still plenty on I think.

As for the refund, we were told they were all processed. The hotel set the online payment system up so we're at the mercy of the info they give us. They're straight up people so should all be sorted.