Author Topic: Zoot Money  (Read 216 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Zoot Money
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:04:45 PM »
Can't say I am too big a fan but saw him live a year or so back and he does a good show. Had PP Arnold with him so as a team it was worth a look. Certainly does look like a pretty definitive set for the collector/fan though mate.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »
Can't say I am too big a fan but saw him live a year or so back and he does a good show. Had PP Arnold with him so as a team it was worth a look. Certainly does look like a pretty definitive set for the collector/fan though mate.

Well, Georgie Fame he's not, that's for sure, but Zoot must have been a true original in his youth, and of course a fine musician. I see the Big Roll band as a second tier London r&b band, but a fine one at that: the jazz inflections and musicianship involved made them stand out.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 07:01:36 AM »

I concur , never a big fan but I didn't realise he was still doing live shows. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:10:25 PM »
Yes mate part of the last annual tour by the remaining members of Manfred Mann who go out as The Manfreds. They themselves are a top night out and all still seemingly at the top of their game. They always pull in pals from the past to come on throughout the gig and perform some of their own hits. I've seen Chris Farlowe with them, Maggie Bell and recently as noted PP Arnold and Zoot.