Author Topic: Traveling in as much style as you can  (Read 577 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Traveling in as much style as you can
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »
I'm loving the fashion enthusiasts group idea. I bet it gets you really thinking about details and going that extra mile.
I wish there was something around my area on the same tip.

It's an interesting, diverse group of women who enjoy fashion, history and costume. Personally, there's only half of them I'd actually want to spend time with on a social basis. One of them has an interest in making clothes and two wheels (she has a BSA Dandy scoot, but doesn't ride it) and we can bond over that, two others know friends of mine in Melbourne (pure coincidence), one of them I've known for years through other community interests. I told some of the others (who are more of your charity shop/bargain basement buyers) how much I've spent on my vintage Mary Quant items (anywhere from over 50 - 200) and they thought that was excessive...
Most of my wardrobe consists of vintage or vintage-inspired clothing and comes from a variety of sources - both online and offline. I enjoy going to charity and vintage shops and fairs, factory outlets and department stores and the high street. If I can put them on layaway or Afterpay (which is like a layaway in reverse), even better. Not bad for someone who's still looking for work...  ;)   8)
I can't wait to show them my vintage MQ sign I acquired recently...  ;)
I'm with Leon on this one too and it is good that you are involved in the community  . I had never heard of the BSA Dandy before , I had to look it up and I suppose it was the inspiration for the Honda step-through. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Traveling in as much style as you can
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »
Last flights were ok...but definitely learning that the airline itself plays a factor....so, changing it up next time.  Flying out again this weekend (domestically) and again next month (international), so hopefully I can make the best of each flights...

Checking bags is definitely a plus....also, give serious thought to upgrading seats....and of course, if you can get in on the airport lounge, do it.

I think we can collectively write a book on how to live in (mod) style.
Initials B.B.