Author Topic: Bette Smith - Jetlagger (album review)  (Read 578 times)

ianeggbert

• Vintage becoming veteran
    • View Profile
    • The Acoustic Egg Box
Bette Smith - Jetlagger (album review)
« on: November 27, 2017, 05:41:45 PM »
Evening all!

For those of you with a penchant for well-executed retro-soul, there's a new kid on the block in the rather formidable form of Ms Bette Smith who has recently released her excellent debut album "Jetlagger".

My review of the album on The Acoustic Egg Box blog can be found here  https://wp.me/p9hY2N-4t

It's not the cost of the suit that counts, it's the worth of the man inside it

Twitter: @IanPople1

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Bette Smith - Jetlagger (album review)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 07:48:24 PM »
She needs tae get her bloke telt tae get a haircut - but a good track aw the same.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 12:48:47 PM »
Wow, she must be something live! I've listened to another track from the album, "I found love", not bad, but I prefer "Manchild".

charliebravo69

• Modernist, Cyclist, Pissartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 02:50:02 PM »
Wow, she must be something live! I've listened to another track from the album, "I found love", not bad, but I prefer "Manchild".

There are some good vids on youtube of just her and the guitar player doing a radio type session - well worth watching. I've ordered the album which came out in US back in Sept but isn't out here till Feb according to amazon. So my copy is coming the from the states. Hoping it doesn't get stopped by bloody customs, especially as I've now seen it for sale at bloody Juno records