Author Topic: Liverpool  (Read 1047 times)

Kol

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Liverpool
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:29:26 PM »
Any Scousers on here? I'm going to be in the Liverpool area Monday to Thursday next week. Anyone know of any good gigs or club nights, otherwise I will end up in Mathew Street on the tourist trail like last time I visited. What about quirky pubs or cafes, including greasy spoons because they are getting hard to come by where I live? Independent clothes/shoes/trainers/record shops? Or traditional or antiques markets? Any other alternative suggestions? Already on the agenda is a football match at Marine FC, trip to Southport, Birkenhead Market, and climbing the old cathedral tower.

English Stan

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 10:49:18 AM »
Hi,

Bold street is worth a look.  Soho's is a vintage shop, also has a vintage record seller in there, also Pop Boutique, also with a record section.

Also a nice selection of independent restaurants and cafes there. 

Dont bother with the China town section.

Kol

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:58 PM »
Thanks Stan. Will take a look at Bold Street if this coach ever gets me to Liverpool!

English Stan

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »
No probs, have a good trip.

Let us know what you thought.

Kol

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 08:04:54 PM »
Took a walk up and down Bold Street. Looked in Pop, and one or two other similar second hand shops. Some of the new Pop Harringtons and other jackets looked OK, but nothing in my size. Must say generally the second hand clothing seemed a bit over priced, and came complete with stains and holes. We had a drink and snack in Maggie Mays cafe on Bold Street. Thanks for the street recommendation. Overall Liverpool seemed to have a lot of live music, daytime and night, every day of the week, which was a pleasant surprise. Drink prices seemed to be all over the place, with The Adelphi hotel bar being the cheapest place for alcohol, and the Philharmonic pub being the most expensive. Thanks for your help Stan.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:39:30 PM by Kol »