Author Topic: Jason King - Departed S - RIP  (Read 654 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile

English Stan

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Jason King - Departed S - RIP
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 10:03:21 AM »
Gotta love that shirt / tie combo.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »
Yeah a sad one for any of us who grew up in the late 60s and 70s watching DEPARTMENT S or indeed Wyngarde's own spin-off JASON KING. Certainly not regarded as highly as stuff like THE PRISONER or THE SAINT but still a great couple of classic TV shows full of action, car chases, punch-ups, dolly birds and witty one-liners. To this day I enjoy them both thoroughly. Had the pleasure of interviewing Peter some years ago and although an odd fella to be sure he was a delight with tons of fantastic no-holds-barred stories of leading men, ladies and behind the scenes intrigue on all the shows he worked on including those he appeared in as a lead guest star such as THE AVENGERS. A bit of a dandy on-screen and off and certainly a bit of a character in his personal life but as far as his standing in Cult TV terms he is right up there with the best of them.

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 02:46:33 PM »
RIP - I met him for the first and only time a little over a year ago and sadly he didn't seem all there... but I'm glad I met him all the same. 

Mart, your mate Kit's account of his encounter with Mr Wyngarde is classic ;)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »
The last few times he did seem a little away from it all but always great to see him out there meeting folk. Not that my mate would agree!