Author Topic: MY GENERATION 1960s DOCUMENTARY!  (Read 736 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: MY GENERATION 1960s DOCUMENTARY!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 07:31:14 PM »
Cheers mate! Made sure I saw MY GENERATION. Went to the exhibit yesterday. Nothing to set the world on fire but free and I was up in London anyhow so definitely worth dobbing in for it. The film I managed to see at an early morning screening up at The Curzon Mayfair today. A fantastic old 60s Cinema too with vintage fixtures and fittings in the foyer so it added to the experience. A mob of guys and gals I know from various events pitched up too which was nice. As you say quite a bit of new footage even for fellas like us but a few old faves in there too. Odds and ends from LOOK AT LIFE and certainly THE LONDON NOBODY KNOWS too but plenty of fresh stuff as well. Great soundtrack as well featuring all the real stuff as well which is of course rare for these sort of films but this was a league above most I've seen before of this ilk. With Caine aboard it opened up a door or two I'm sure. A standout for me was a brief clip of Bowie as he appeared on that first Deram LP. He appeared a bit later in the oft seen clip talking about young lads with long hair but the earlier clip in a boutique went unnoticed seemingly. Looking forward to the DVD release and the TV show as you mentioned. I saw the Q&A too which was reshown as part of the event. Very envious you actually got a ticket for the event. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 07:33:33 PM by Martin G »

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 01:21:37 PM »
Cheers mate! Made sure I saw MY GENERATION. Went to the exhibit yesterday. Nothing to set the world on fire but free and I was up in London anyhow so definitely worth dobbing in for it. The film I managed to see at an early morning screening up at The Curzon Mayfair today. A fantastic old 60s Cinema too with vintage fixtures and fittings in the foyer so it added to the experience. A mob of guys and gals I know from various events pitched up too which was nice. As you say quite a bit of new footage even for fellas like us but a few old faves in there too. Odds and ends from LOOK AT LIFE and certainly THE LONDON NOBODY KNOWS too but plenty of fresh stuff as well. Great soundtrack as well featuring all the real stuff as well which is of course rare for these sort of films but this was a league above most I've seen before of this ilk. With Caine aboard it opened up a door or two I'm sure. A standout for me was a brief clip of Bowie as he appeared on that first Deram LP. He appeared a bit later in the oft seen clip talking about young lads with long hair but the earlier clip in a boutique went unnoticed seemingly. Looking forward to the DVD release and the TV show as you mentioned. I saw the Q&A too which was reshown as part of the event. Very envious you actually got a ticket for the event.

Nice one.  I noticed the Bowie clip as well, a real blink and you'll miss it moment.  Maybe from Peter Whitehead's archive(?).  I'll probably check out the Carnaby exhibition one evening this week before it ends.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 01:38:02 PM »
Well spotted too mate. Think the Carnaby St exhibit is on for just a couple more days but if you are around and about worth dobbing in.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
Just to remind those of us interested that the DVD/Blu-Ray versión is about to appear -due may 28th- and it can already be pre-ordered in Amazon UK. I've pre-ordered the plain DVD edition, but there's also a deluxe BR+DVD+Digital edition:

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 03:01:26 PM »
I unfortunately missed this one on the big screen as it was only in Glasgow for one showing and l was dahn saff at the time . .so dvd it is then
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!