Author Topic: Flamingo Mod 2018, Turin (ITA)  (Read 1207 times)

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Flamingo Mod 2018, Turin (ITA)
« on: February 12, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »
One of the biggest (and smartest) winter events here in italy.. I think I'll be there once again!

FLAMINGO MOD CLUB 2018
Saturday 24th FEB 2018, TURIN (ITA)
@ Hiroshima Mon Amour - sala Modotti
ALL MOD DISCO
djs: Lucas Gomersall (London)- Enrico Lazzeri (Milan )- Andrea Cumiana (Cumiana, Turin)
recommended accomodation: Hotel Parco Fiera, Turin

https://it-it.facebook.com/Torinomods/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lt-tOgn7ns

Few pics from last year's event:

Mods in Piazza Statuto in the afternoon (Turin was also the filming location for The Italian Job)

Granducato Mods (Claretbluemod's on the right..)  ;)

My outfit for that club night..
Broad minds, narrow ties

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Flamingo Mod 2018, Turin (ITA)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:04:31 PM »
Good post CBM. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »
The weather is forecast to be wet and cold... We'll be there properly wrapped up!  8)
Broad minds, narrow ties

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 06:15:17 PM »
The weather is forecast to be wet and cold... We'll be there properly wrapped up!  8)

Sorry to hear that, hope everything will turn out fine.

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 12:07:43 PM »
Yeah..definitely so. The rain was very light , while the amount of quality music was heavy  ;D There was an english DJ, Lucas Gommersall, and he's been fantastic (black and white RnB). Top RnB dancer: Lea from Essex  8)
Broad minds, narrow ties

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »
Nice one mate. Sounds decent. I don't know him really but see Lucas about at stuff over here quite a bit. He is a sharp young lad who has tons of idea compared to many blokes who've supposedly been into this stuff for 30 years. Glad you enjoyed it.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 04:51:21 PM »
Yeah..definitely so. The rain was very light , while the amount of quality music was heavy  ;D There was an english DJ, Lucas Gommersall, and he's been fantastic (black and white RnB). Top RnB dancer: Lea from Essex  8)

Glad it turned out fine, sounds like a great night was had by all.

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »
Nice one mate. Sounds decent. I don't know him really but see Lucas about at stuff over here quite a bit. He is a sharp young lad who has tons of idea compared to many blokes who've supposedly been into this stuff for 30 years. Glad you enjoyed it.

Seconded
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 01:32:18 PM »
Ian: Yeah as you seemingly well know this lad nails the look all the way as do most of his little crowd too. It doesn't matter how well some of us older guys try to dress if these kids are around they leave you for dead. The bottom line is that they are the right age for the whole 'Mod' thing despite many of us choosing to hang onto aspects of it. They seem to have jumped directly back to that late 50s/early 60s look missing completely the mid 60s Small Faces look or the Revival thing and in doing so look more authentic than I think I ever looked at their age and pretty much everyone I knew too. I came into it in the late 70s through an original Mod in the family and of course, with no hesitation to admit it, The Jam. The mid 80s Mods certainly in London began to dig back to the true roots of it all and did well but these kids are another league in my opinion.

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »
Ian: Yeah as you seemingly well know this lad nails the look all the way as do most of his little crowd too. It doesn't matter how well some of us older guys try to dress if these kids are around they leave you for dead. The bottom line is that they are the right age for the whole 'Mod' thing despite many of us choosing to hang onto aspects of it. They seem to have jumped directly back to that late 50s/early 60s look missing completely the mid 60s Small Faces look or the Revival thing and in doing so look more authentic than I think I ever looked at their age and pretty much everyone I knew too. I came into it in the late 70s through an original Mod in the family and of course, with no hesitation to admit it, The Jam. The mid 80s Mods certainly in London began to dig back to the true roots of it all and did well but these kids are another league in my opinion.

...you're right!

Despite my age (and the mid eighties Quadrophenia imprinting) I'm in for the 60-63 look and music. That doesn't prevent me to enjoy the other Mod - related stuff  8)
Broad minds, narrow ties