Author Topic: No really "mod" but a great photie aw the same.  (Read 3592 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
No really "mod" but a great photie aw the same.
« on: February 27, 2018, 02:46:53 PM »

Glasgow 1973    ;D

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: No really "mod" but a great photie aw the same.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 06:05:15 PM »
 8)

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 06:05:38 PM »
 8)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 06:23:46 PM »
Great shot mate. I had one of those suits as a kid myself and you could also get the helmets on their own. That one and my Batman and Captain Scarlet outfits saw some use for sure back then. Great times.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 01:05:57 AM »
Found a bigger version.   8)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »
Great shot mate. I had one of those suits as a kid myself and you could also get the helmets on their own. That one and my Batman and Captain Scarlet outfits saw some use for sure back then. Great times.

I never had any of the outfits but I did have the Captain Scarlet cars , the Joe90 cars and I built the Destiny Angel aircraft from a model kit. . ;D
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 01:17:59 PM »
Nice one mate. No shame in admitting but I still have all that stuff! The Gerry Anderson shows were always a fave of mine as a kid along with BATMAN and THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E again both of which spawned toys and stuff I cherish to this day. Great era of popular culture in every sense I think we can all agree.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 02:38:52 PM »
Nice one mate. No shame in admitting but I still have all that stuff! The Gerry Anderson shows were always a fave of mine as a kid along with BATMAN and THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E again both of which spawned toys and stuff I cherish to this day. Great era of popular culture in every sense I think we can all agree.

I think we all loved those shows back in the day (I'm only slightly older than you) , I was well annoyed when they took Batman off the telly and my favourite Gerry Anderson show was Stingray but I didn't have any Stingray toys . I think I had some U.N.C.L.E stuff that I maybe got from sending away coupons . . ;D  Ilya Kuriyakan was my favourite , great Scottish actor. . :D

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 01:51:11 PM »
Yes agreed mate. All that stuff goes toward making me the fella I am now as it is with a generation of blokes. Surprisingly many of our persuasion have a particular interest in them all. David Mccallum looked great in the show. Roll necks, dark shades, three button suits, button down shirts, slim ties. Is it any surprise we all ended up the way we are now! I am fortunate to have met many of my childhood heroes over the years and David was top class. I got him to sign the box of my Illya Kuryakin doll and he didn't bat an eye lid. In fact he said "This little fella paid my rent for 6 months back in the '60s as we had a special deal with the toy company to use our likeness and name and not just the character". Same goes for Adam West as Batman. As you may know I am a regular on the Modcast boats and there was one the day after Adam passed away. Smiler started his first set with a Jazzy cover version of the theme which went down a storm and he actually spoke immediately after about the show and Adam to the roar of the crowd who all applauded. I spotted through my own admittedly bleary eyes a few tears being shed or held back amongst the assembled crowd. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:54:21 PM by Martin G »

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
Yeah , they were good times Martin when life was a lot simpler and even though we all played in the street back then , the streets emptied when one of the above mentioned shows were on and then we all talked about them afterwards and next day at school . I remember walking around every newsagent in the town with my Buddie once trying to by a copy f the Joe 90 comic . I have never seen one yet , despite the shops being sold out no one l knew had managed to get one . .
Shortly after that , my gran took up gainful employment in a newsagents, problem solved for the future. . 8)
I never met any of those guys from the shows , back in the day. I do remember one time leaving school early and running home to watch The Great Escape on tv and when David McCallum appeared the first time , one of my mates shouted " look Illya  Kuryakin!" . .