Author Topic: No really "mod" but a great photie aw the same.  (Read 2593 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: No really "mod" but a great photie aw the same.
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »
Great stories mate. Yep! A superb time to grow up in. I have a fair collection of the JOE 90 comics and related paraphenelia. Again three button suits and button downs on the adult characters funny huh? Two pals of mine actually own original puppets of Joe from the series. Incredible being in their houses and looking up to see iconic heroes just standing there in display cabinets.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 11:16:14 AM »
Great childhood stories here, fellas! I couldn't access to the forum for 3 days, so it's great finding today your recollections.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »
I was out the game for a day or so too guess it was a site issue now resolved. I think with what we call Pop Culture across the world there are shared memories but certainly those who were kids and teenagers in Britain through the 60s and '70s there is a ton of stuff we all relate to with telly and toys and comics and music and even sweets and adverts on the TV with jingles or whatever.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 05:06:18 PM »
I was out the game for a day or so too guess it was a site issue now resolved. I think with what we call Pop Culture across the world there are shared memories but certainly those who were kids and teenagers in Britain through the 60s and '70s there is a ton of stuff we all relate to with telly and toys and comics and music and even sweets and adverts on the TV with jingles or whatever.

Yeah, I share some of those 60s and 70s pop icons with you, guys, but I guess a number of series and shows didn't make it to our public TV (Franco's happy times, remember?). Almost all the more popular US series were aired (dubbed in a funny south american accent), but a lot of british series didn't arrive here.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 01:13:43 AM »
Great shot mate. I had one of those suits as a kid myself and you could also get the helmets on their own. That one and my Batman and Captain Scarlet outfits saw some use for sure back then. Great times.

First hoose ah kin remember livin' in wis a tenement  no unlike those in the background, but by 1973 we had moved tae a new build cooncil estate in a flat that actually had a bathroom - luxury!

Never had a spacesuit - wis a cowboy suit or batman cape fur me.

Dae mind ay spacehoppers tho' - ma first girlfriend (we wur both aged 8 at the time) had yin.  The showjumpin' seemed tae be oan telly a lot in them days (remember Harvey Smith?) n' so yin time durin' the school summer holidays we built a course ay jumps wi' auld bricks n' planks ay wood then had a showjumpin' competition gaun round the jumps oan the spacehopper.    ;D

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »

Laird:
 I'm on for a national Hopper Of The Year Challenge if you are. Harvey Smith V Signs to the loser!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 12:09:55 PM by Martin G »

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 10:57:51 AM »
Sadly ah'm no longer in touch wi' the lassie that owned the space hopper cos she moved tae Sydney Australia when she wis in her late twenties.

No sure if she took her hopper wi' her or no.  They huv strict quarantine laws doon there.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2018, 12:10:53 PM »
Yeah I guess also with the Kangarroos they don't want foreign competition in the hopping stakes either.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 12:15:15 PM »

Laird:
 I'm on for a national Hopper Of The Year Challenge if you are. Harvey Smith V Signs to the loser!!!!!!

I remember that pic, Martin, great! You manage to look cool while riding the bloody s.hopper, no mean feat!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 12:22:42 PM »
Cheers mate yeah it was a pretty mean beast but I think I managed to break it well enough. Should have dressed differently for the rodeo but it was a wedding!!