Author Topic: Pop Or Not?  (Read 1055 times)

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Pop Or Not?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »
Indeed they are. The new lined version of the G23 is £400 and a standard Harrington is around £290... :o
Broad minds, narrow ties

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 06:15:23 PM »
One does wonder , who pays in the region of £300 for a Harrington when , arguably better quality ones are less than half that . They just aren't that good. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 09:52:50 AM »
One does wonder , who pays in the region of £300 for a Harrington when , arguably better quality ones are less than half that . They just aren't that good. .

Yeah, it's strange, not a wise commercial move. Lots of brands are making now their own versión of the Harrington, so there's a plenty to choose from. Even the new "made in England" John Simons' ones, that have got right every conceivable detail, have a lower price point (they retail for 225 sterling), and the old ones -made in China, I guess-, cost just 100 pounds.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 05:59:07 PM »

Yeah, it's strange, not a wise commercial move. Lots of brands are making now their own versión of the Harrington, so there's a plenty to choose from. Even the new "made in England" John Simons' ones, that have got right every conceivable detail, have a lower price point (they retail for 225 sterling), and the old ones -made in China, I guess-, cost just 100 pounds.

Even £225 is ripping it a bit for a wee casual jaiket . .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »

I agree, but I guess that's what the "made in Europe" tag carries along.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »

I agree, but I guess that's what the "made in Europe" tag carries along.

Yeah , the last Baracuta I bought was Made in Hungary . . :D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 08:35:35 AM »
And to add insult to injury, Baracuta are messing now with the classic G9 design. The stripes below could work with a less iconic or racing styled jacket, but in a G9 look wrong (and the huge logo, oh my...):

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 10:01:33 AM »
Terrible... >:(
Broad minds, narrow ties

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »
Yeah Baracuta are doing a reversible version which either has that big emblem on the chest or else if you reverse it has an even bigger emblem on the back. Either way looks dreadful.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
Kinda OUR MAN FLINT I guess which should be a draw for me but it gets a thumbs down I'm afraid. That chest emblem is not nice either. Shame.