Author Topic: Mojo May 2018  (Read 440 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Mojo May 2018
« on: March 18, 2018, 12:30:40 AM »

Strangely enough awreddy oan the shelves mid-March.

Anyway - extended interview wi' Daltrey as well as an article aboot Sister Rosetta Tharpe n' a piece oan Derek Taylor wha' quit workin' as The Beatles press officer tae work in the U.S. wi' The Byrds n' others.

Best hing tho' is the free CD ay early 60s R&B n' soul featurin' the likes ay King Curtis, Ernie K-Doe n' Mose Allison.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo May 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »

Anyway - extended interview wi' Daltrey as well as an article aboot Sister Rosetta Tharpe n' a piece oan Derek Taylor wha' quit workin' as The Beatles press officer tae work in the U.S. wi' The Byrds n' others.

Best hing tho' is the free CD ay early 60s R&B n' soul featurin' the likes ay King Curtis, Ernie K-Doe n' Mose Allison.

I think the Derek Taylor piece may be part of a campaign to promote his autobiography, that will hit the shelves next month.

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 01:42:14 PM »

I think the Derek Taylor piece may be part of a campaign to promote his autobiography, that will hit the shelves next month.

Biography surely, Derek Taylor's not been with us for many years?!

EDIT: After a quick online search this appears to be a reissue of his autobiography from 1973 which explains it!

Here is a link to the tracklisting on the CD, nothing too obscure for most folk here, but a decent selection as per Mojo's usual high standards - https://www.discogs.com/Various-Big-Sensations-Maximum-RB-45s-From-The-Dawn-Of-Mod/release/11720170
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:48:38 PM by Number 6 »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 07:17:36 PM »

Biography surely, Derek Taylor's not been with us for many years?!

EDIT: After a quick online search this appears to be a reissue of his autobiography from 1973 which explains it!

Here is a link to the tracklisting on the CD, nothing too obscure for most folk here, but a decent selection as per Mojo's usual high standards - https://www.discogs.com/Various-Big-Sensations-Maximum-RB-45s-From-The-Dawn-Of-Mod/release/11720170

Mistery solved!! I wasn't sure if the man was still with us  :o. Anyway the reissue will be welcomed by Byrds/Beatles' buffs (like yours truly)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 07:51:27 PM »
 I looked at it in the supermarket today , looked good as did the very recent pic of Roger , he still looks good despite his years and irritatingly enough , still has an alarming amount of hair . . ;D. .was fortunate enough to share a joke with him c1980 but my mate Larry once got bought a pint by Keith Moon no less. Always thought Keith was nuts. . :)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!