Author Topic: RADUNO MOD ITALIANO, CATTOLICA (RN) September 28th/29th 2018  (Read 691 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: RADUNO MOD ITALIANO, CATTOLICA (RN) September 28th/29th 2018
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 02:16:28 PM »
I had a leaflet passed to me at DREAMSVILLE. It made me smile to think a snazzy hot but cool Italian Mod event would use an old photo from Peckham, which is my neck of the woods, to advertise.

True  :D , but that pic is the epitome of Mod, imho.. cool cats, in a not so cool place, creating their own world..  8)

Ahem.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qyARD5rCu0

Lived in Pecknam masel' when ah first moved dahn sarf.  Wisnae regarded as cool then tho'.  Only became a desirable location after ah left.

No sure whether that wis coincidental or no.....

:-\

Better think about it this way: you made the place a trendy area.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 07:13:04 PM »
Laird: Whereabouts down there did you live mate? I still get down that way once a week to see the Mother-In-Law who won't shift from the Old Kent Road.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 09:51:16 PM »
Laird: Whereabouts down there did you live mate? I still get down that way once a week to see the Mother-In-Law who won't shift from the Old Kent Road.

Lived fur seven years oan the Friary Estate jist off Peckham Park Road.  Used tae drink in Cockneys, The Maismore, The Swan n' most ay the other boozers in the area as well as gaun semi-regularly tae watch Millwall at the auld Den ground.  Steve Marriott played at the Thomas A Becket boozer no long before his unfortunate death n' ah opted no tae go after hearin' he had turned intae a piss artist n' his shows wur often farcical.  (Didnae want tae suffer shattered illusions).  Wish ah'd gone noo tho'. 

Before ma wee dug died ah used tae drop her off wi' a pal near Queens Road station when ah needed a dog sitter.  Hadnae been in the area fur a good while until ah started that routine n' it has certainly gone doon the gentrification road a bit in the intervenin' years.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
Interesting to hear Laird. Close enough to my original neck of the woods that I know the area fairly well. I moved away from Walworth when I was 22 so well over thirty years back but as I had family there, and my other half's Mum still there, we visit on an almost weekly basis so in many respects still consider myself a South Londoner. Thomas A Beckett was a venue for early Tony Class events in 1980 which as a local boy I attended but sadly it was after a night there a young scooter lad was killed by local yobs who slung a paving slab at him. It's a funny old area like many places in London now. A couple of streets are spot on beautiful and expensive and then adjacent to them is something akin to a war zone you'd never venture in to.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:20:50 PM by Martin G »

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »

When ah lived there the local monks f(hence the name ay the estate) wur tryin' tae be quite active in the community.

Remember gaun fur a (hungover) stroll oan a Saturday mornin' no long after ah moved there n' seein' a brother in broon wool habit n' wearin' sandals slam dunkin' a point oan the nearby basketball court while some ay the local black youth cheered n' the others accused him ay cheatin'.    ;D

Local boozers wur kinda rough but they had music licences tae open late.  Despite ma exotic foreign accent ah never really goat much hassle.

Kinda wish ah still lived there.  Never been a fan ay Enfield n' only really ended up here cos ay hoose prices.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »
I don't know much of the Cheshunt/Enfield area aside from an annual scooter thing me and pals would go to at Capel Manor. Used to be a great day out actually. Think it's moved out to a venue in Epping now? Did you ever attend?

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 02:01:24 PM »

Aye saw some flyers aboot "Scooterfest" aroon' June/July time.

Never been tho'.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 02:23:05 PM »
Yeah that was the one mate. It was always a great day out. The newer events at the other venue not so great but it may take time to build a reputation.