Author Topic: Brighton  (Read 1185 times)

Mark1966

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Brighton
« on: March 29, 2018, 09:01:02 AM »
Off to Brighton in a few weeks with my wife to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary, oddly I've never been there before in all my 51 years!

Any recommendations? Bars etc...

I intend to visit Jump The Gun and have noted a few record shops in and around the Lanes.

Thanks, Mark.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Brighton
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:04:55 AM »
I know a bit about Brighton.  Defiantly pop into the shop and say you've spoken to me and ask the lads about anything they recommend.  Also if you have any specific ideas about what you want to see/do/eat etc feel free to e mail me at  adam@jumpthegun.co.uk for a list of recommendations.
Adam

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 12:43:48 PM »
Adam is of course your man but there is so much going on down there. We love it. Usual seaside stuff of course Ice Cream, beach pier you name it they have it. The Lanes of course for collectibles, records and vintage clobber often to the liking of guys into our stuff. Many a decent boozer and eaterie as well. JTG is a must go to shop though. Top lads, friendly atmosphere always helpful and you end up feeling like you've spent time with some mates. You'll love it mate.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 08:02:06 PM »

Brighton Celtic Supporters Club used tae show the matches at a boozer called The Lectern - but no sure if thats still the venue they use.    ;)

Goat absolutely hammered drunk in a boozer called The Basket Weaver yin time.  Wis a decent gaff fae ma limited memories ay the place.

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 06:38:07 PM »

Brighton Celtic Supporters Club used tae show the matches at a boozer called The Lectern - but no sure if thats still the venue they use.    ;)

Goat absolutely hammered drunk in a boozer called The Basket Weaver yin time.  Wis a decent gaff fae ma limited memories ay the place.

Brighton Celtic Supporters Club show the games in Molly Malone's in West Street now, I believe

I've been "tired & emotional" after an evening in The Basketmakers Arms once or twice myself  ;) :o
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:22:13 AM by Ian_B »
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 06:22:01 PM »
Id like to go as well, never been there! Some day Im sure...

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 06:37:55 PM »
I you have a wife or girlfriend to convince Brighton is only an hour or so on the train from London. A visit to the capital is great for everyone. Brighton too isn't just about the 'Mod' thing it is a fantastic place to spend a few days mate. Hope you get a chance to visit.

Scott

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 08:12:18 AM »
+1 on the Jump the gun thing. Can't fault them. We down 2 weeks ago for a new suit and got the same friendly service from David. The lanes are perfect for losing a few hours, even if the wife has slightly different tastes😞

Hoxtonian

• Expat norvener
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 10:35:34 AM »
Seconded! David is a great guy and really helpful. It's always great to meet someone who's into the style.  Can't recommend JTG enough.
Some really quirky shops around the North Laines for a wander, even if the weather isn't great.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »
 Brighton . .!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCP2jlfL9z8
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!