Author Topic: Hardy and Johnson  (Read 878 times)

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Hardy and Johnson
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:13:49 AM »
Bought my first blazer from these guys, and arrived yesterday. Very nice blazer, with all the Ivy touches. Although I am not a huge Ivy fan (I feel sometimes it can look slightly sloppy) there are parts I do like. If you don't know these people they have a facebook page. I bought the Olive patchpocket blazer, and at a good price. Well worth a look. I think the Seersucker will be next purchase ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy and Johnson
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 09:43:21 AM »
Bought my first blazer from these guys, and arrived yesterday. Very nice blazer, with all the Ivy touches. Although I am not a huge Ivy fan (I feel sometimes it can look slightly sloppy) there are parts I do like. If you don't know these people they have a facebook page. I bought the Olive patchpocket blazer, and at a good price. Well worth a look. I think the Seersucker will be next purchase ;)

I know the guys from other forums, they're well-regarded within the Ivy community and the jackets look really great. However, I think their lowest sizes are still too big for me. Glad it works for you, Mark, why don't you post some pics of the blazer?

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:12:15 AM »
Chris Hardy used to post on here maybe 15 or so years ago. An original modernist and very nice guy. Met him whilst at a London club many years ago.
For me their jackets sit right on the Ivy/mod crossover. Very good value for money.

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 12:56:09 PM »

I know the guys from other forums, they're well-regarded within the Ivy community and the jackets look really great. However, I think their lowest sizes are still too big for me. Glad it works for you, Mark, why don't you post some pics of the blazer?

Thanks GS. Re posting. Tbh I am a complete technophobe and have no idea how to post pictures from my phone!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 02:28:47 PM »
Another endorsement here ay the H&J jaikets.

They ur top notch.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 03:25:12 PM »

Thanks GS. Re posting. Tbh I am a complete technophobe and have no idea how to post pictures from my phone!

A cable with a USB connection is all you need to download pictures on your computer, Mark, every phone charger has got it. After you've put the pic in the desktop, you'll have to upload the picture you want to post to Imgur or another images' supplier (just click on "New post" in Imgur and look for the picture you want to upload on your computer desktop, then double click on the photie), then search for the tab (in the upper right corner of the image) that allows you to share the pic in a forum (you can edit the image too if the size is too big). Just click on "Get share links" and then on the tab "Copy" of "BBC Code: Fórums". Et voilà: copy the link (Ctrl+V) in your post. Sounds harder than it's done, really. Hope it helps, truth is the forum improves a lot when people share images.

English Stan

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »
Can someone pin the above as it's boggled my brain.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 04:01:55 PM »
I see their stuff and it looks nice. Never bought anything from the Hardy and Johnson line although as a kid in the late '70s I got a few bits from the shop Lloyd had at the end of Kings Road. Lovely fella as I recall from back then too.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 01:16:53 AM »
Is that Lloyd Johnson of Hardy and Johnson?

An interesting bloke. From what I can gather he was a Young Turk right in the middle of the Mod scene then absconded to Sweden with his girlfriend in the middle of the era.

I first became aware of him in the eighties when I used to visit London regularly. He had identical shops on King’s Road and in the now defunct Kensington Market. (The King’s Road shop is now a laundry!). He seemed to have abandoned his Mod roots and was catering to goths and rockers. The George Michael ‘Faith’ jacket and the snakeskin metal toe tip Chelseas that Billy Idol is sporting in the ‘To Be A Lover’ video were Johnson’s. He also did beautiful bike jackets and aviator jackets with skull and bones motifs on the patches and metal buttons and studs.

Last I saw his shops were all closed and business was all online. Didn’t know he was catering to Ivy Mods these days. Could be more to come?

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »
Rod: Yes mate the very same. He was involved in getting some of the original clobber together for the leads in QUADROPHENIA too but then obviously expanded to cater for the greater market but has settled back into his earliest roots.