Author Topic: Mod things I've never worn  (Read 912 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Mod things I've never worn
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 06:46:07 PM »

I remember now soon after I joined this forum coming across a thread entitled something like ‘Mod things you hate’ and similar to this thread there was a whole variety of responses until someone chipped in with “so, pretty much everything then?”

Yesss, that was the thread I was talking about, thanks Rod.

Oh, and I concur with mr Bond re. basket weave shoes, too close to pensioner gear for my tastes.

Cycling tops I've got my fair share of them, some with emblems some without. I like the look of them, they're classic sportswear, but I have to admit they don't suit too well middle-aged fellas (and avoid at all costs muscle fit, ya hear me?)

Ah wis first tae hate the basket weave shoes.  Mr Bond just jumped oan ma band wagon tae deflect the implied accusation that he did wear Jam shoes.    :)

Ah'm another yin that has never worn a cyclin' top.

Also - although ah huv owned a few items - ah reckon Smedley knitwear is overrated n'aw.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »

I remember now soon after I joined this forum coming across a thread entitled something like ‘Mod things you hate’ and similar to this thread there was a whole variety of responses until someone chipped in with “so, pretty much everything then?”

Yesss, that was the thread I was talking about, thanks Rod.

Oh, and I concur with mr Bond re. basket weave shoes, too close to pensioner gear for my tastes.

Cycling tops I've got my fair share of them, some with emblems some without. I like the look of them, they're classic sportswear, but I have to admit they don't suit too well middle-aged fellas (and avoid at all costs muscle fit, ya hear me?)

Ah wis first tae hate the basket weave shoes.  Mr Bond just jumped oan ma band wagon tae deflect the implied accusation that he did wear Jam shoes.    :)

Ah'm another yin that has never worn a cyclin' top.

Also - although ah huv owned a few items - ah reckon Smedley knitwear is overrated n'aw.

Well Mr Laird, I reckon I wasn't wearing Jam shoes long before you weren't wearing them . As for not liking basket weave numbers , I don't think you have sole rights to not liking them and anyway , there is no law against jumping on band waggons that I'm aware of . .

You are correct about Smedley knitwear being overrated but the polo shirts have lovely collars. .

I tend to only wear cycling tops now when I'm out and about on my Twiggy bike. .

I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2018, 07:43:00 PM »
Loving the Gay Golly scooter!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »
Loving the Gay Golly scooter!

Yes , society has change somewhat over the decades since the Twiggster straddled that bike. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 08:26:25 PM »
Indeed it has mate.