Author Topic: GDPR and the forum  (Read 1998 times)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
Re: GDPR and the forum
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 02:08:17 AM »
Aye spot on - co-signing all these comments.

I realise the clock is ticking down but I really hope thereís still some eleventh hour way to preserve this for all the reasons mentioned. I havenít met a single one of the MC lads ... YET ... but Iím confident if I did we would be right in there discussing all our daft obsessions in depth. Agreeing, disagreeing, persuading ...

Woody was over here last year and was joshing about coming to my gaff to drink all my booze but I was deadly serious telling him to stop by. Work and other commitments permitting I think it would have been brilliant to meet up and post pics of us on here so keep that in mind if any of you buggers make it this way.

I look in on modgeneration some times but itís a different scene to over here. I know some of the OGs from here have been MIA recently - where are you Red Steve? - but Iím still hoping for a reprieve. 

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »

At the risk ay exposin' masel' tae ridicule oan here fur havin' bought the brand - (a jaiket & knitwear durin' the sales period if ah remember correctly) - here's the text ay yin ay them "Privacy" emails ah've received.

Postin' it here cos it goes intae a lot mair detail than any others ah've had - wordin' should be able tae be adapted tae cover this forum should Dave want tae go doon the opt in route n' it looks comprehensive enough tae leave him covered against any legal sanctions.

Noo come ahead wi' the slaggin' oan the "wouldnae be seen deid in it" front.    :)

Dear Timberland Customer,

Thank you for your continued interest in Timberland!

We wish to inform you that, due to the new data protection regulation that will be directly applicable in the European Union as of 25 May 2018, we have adapted our Privacy Policy in order to provide you with clearer and more specific information as to the processing of your personal data and your rights in that respect.

Our new Privacy Policy may be accessed on our website at
https://www.timberland.co.uk/customer-service/privacy-policy.html

The controller of your personal data covered by this Privacy Policy is VF International Sagl, Via Laveggio 5, 6855 Ė Stabio, Switzerland] ("we" or "us"). VF Europe BVBA, Fountain Business Park, C. Van Kerckhovenstraat 110, 2880 Bornem, Belgium, VAT BE 0405.039.138 RPM Antwerp Division Mechelen, is acting as the representative of VF International for purposes of personal data protection compliance in the European Union. Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted via our Privacy Office at privacy_europe@vfc.com

As an existing customer, we are currently processing your personal data, as data controller, in order to send you relevant information and offers that may be of interest to you, based on your preferences, about our brand goods and initiatives.

Please note that you have at any time the possibility to object to the further processing of your personal data by us for direct marketing and profiling activities or to receive further commercial communications from us. If you would like to withdraw your prior consent or object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing or profiling purposes, as described in our Privacy Policy, you can do so easily by following this link. You will also find a similar opt-out link in any marketing email you may receive from Timberland in the future.

As long as you do not object or withdraw your consent, we will assume that you are happy to continue to receive Timberlandís newsletters and other commercial communications by email, and other communication means as the case may be, as outlined in our Privacy Policy.

If you have any question or concern regarding our data processing practices or marketing practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights of access, rectification, restriction, erasure, objection, or right to portability in accordance with applicable law, please do not hesitate to contact us at privacy_europe@vfc.com.

Thank you very much again for your loyalty to Timberland.

Best regards

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 12:24:56 PM »
I had similar:

Dear Ann Summers Customer

Thank you for your continued interest in inflatable animals (Fully functioning battery operated range)

We actually care not a jot about your privacy and are intent on telling your friends, family and work colleagues of your deviant practices with regard to the wearing of cardigans

Ann Summers Customer (Don't Care Team)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2018, 01:03:08 PM »
I had similar:

Thank you for your continued interest in inflatable animals (Fully functioning battery operated range)

We actually care not a jot about your privacy and are intent on telling your friends, family and work colleagues of your deviant practices with regard to the wearing of cardigans

I KNEW it! Always suspected there was something dodgy about this bloke ^^

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »
I had similar:

Cardigan pockets always handy fur storin' spare batteries.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 03:29:17 PM »
Gents, please, this definitely is not the way to help Dave finding a constructive solution  ;D ;D

Laird, you've even found a way to bring back the bloody cardigan, I thought it had burned for good!!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 07:14:02 PM »
Gents, please, this definitely is not the way to help Dave finding a constructive solution  ;D ;D

Laird, you've even found a way to bring back the bloody cardigan, I thought it had burned for good!!

I accessed the only other social media platform I use today , a wee fitba' forum , and was suddenly asked to agree to a whole bunch of screed . I just ticked the box and carried on . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2018, 09:59:50 AM »

I accessed the only other social media platform I use today , a wee fitba' forum , and was suddenly asked to agree to a whole bunch of screed . I just ticked the box and carried on . .

I hope Dave can manage something along those lines

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2018, 04:59:40 PM »
We've also been confused over this at JTG.
I've had a lot of e mails from companies that are just updating their "privacy policy" and telling you that it's available on their website. No need to do anything else as long as there is an option to opt out if the customer wishes.

I think the link from the Laird seems to make sense.

The whole thing has been a shambles in my opinion.