Author Topic: How to upload a pic.  (Read 111 times)

English Stan

• Just joined
    • View Profile
How to upload a pic.
« on: June 04, 2018, 09:48:44 AM »
Right, been stumped for a while and have seen a few questions in other posts.

Could someone advise in simple terms how to do this please.

Thanks

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: How to upload a pic.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 10:11:02 AM »
Hi mate
Set up an account with these people. No cost at all

https://imgur.com/

A Once done and logged in at the top right there will be your name. Left click that and a drop down appears. Left click IMAGES.

B Then top right-ish is a green tab that says ADD IMAGES. Left Click that and a big box appears with a picture of a Giraffe. Left click the box that says BROWSE.

C This should then bring up a box from your own computer where you save images and such like. Select the image by left clicking on it and click OPEN

D The image will then appear on the IMGUR page after it has uploaded onto it. Left click it and it will appear larger with posting options to the right off the screen. Select a Thumbnail size depending on the size of your original image (Usually Medium works OK) and then click BB CODE and COPY

E Then pop back into your post here and right click. The PASTE option pops up and Left click s that and you should have posted it OK as below an image of The Who

You may have to mess around with the size of image thing but simply delete the previous link and then do the process again selecting a different size until it works best on here.

Good luck mate

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:23:22 AM by Martin G »

English Stan

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 10:20:31 AM »
Thanks so much and very prompt.  Will have a fiddle, so to speak, and no doubt bombard the forum.

Maybe worth pinning for reference.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 10:24:08 AM »
Give me a shout if you need to fella! I will do another following my own instructions  rather than doing it on auto pilot and see how I get on too

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:28:36 AM by Martin G »

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 12:12:04 PM »
That's helpful Martin. One question mate, will it only work from PC. I seem to do everything on a phone rather than PC/laptop. Appreciate you are not the paid forum IT guru but not sure who to ask  :D

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »
Hi Mark. Not sure I'm afraid. I am so Tech Incapable myself I only have a mobile phone that is just a phone. No internet, photo taking function or anything. I use a 'sit down' computer at home like most folk do at work if you know what I mean. Sorry fella.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 01:56:57 PM »

Should probably make this thread a "sticky" fur future reference aye?

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 04:09:45 PM »
Hi mate
Set up an account with these people. No cost at all

https://imgur.com/

A Once done and logged in at the top right there will be your name. Left click that and a drop down appears. Left click IMAGES.

B Then top right-ish is a green tab that says ADD IMAGES. Left Click that and a big box appears with a picture of a Giraffe. Left click the box that says BROWSE.

C This should then bring up a box from your own computer where you save images and such like. Select the image by left clicking on it and click OPEN

D The image will then appear on the IMGUR page after it has uploaded onto it. Left click it and it will appear larger with posting options to the right off the screen. Select a Thumbnail size depending on the size of your original image (Usually Medium works OK) and then click BB CODE and COPY

E Then pop back into your post here and right click. The PASTE option pops up and Left click s that and you should have posted it OK as below an image of The Who

You may have to mess around with the size of image thing but simply delete the previous link and then do the process again selecting a different size until it works best on here.

Good luck mate

Martin, thank you for the "users manual", I've explained it so many times before here that I hadn't the desire of doing it once more. The Laird is right about the thread.

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 09:27:39 PM »
You donít even need to set up an account with this free hosting site:

https://postimages.org

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 05:25:56 AM »
I'm now certain that more than one Union flag has been used in that iconic Who picture . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!