Author Topic: Mikkel Rude  (Read 291 times)

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Mikkel Rude
« on: June 16, 2018, 02:08:13 AM »
Hope this isn`t showing bad form ,by posting a new topic as i am much more a lurker on here than a poster .
I`m just trying to see if Mikkel is still in business , because although the site is still up and running ,there has been no new stock in literally years, no one seems to stock his shirts anymore and when you email ,there is no reply .
For me he made the perfect shirt in the mid range market , lovely style ,good quality ,stands up to frequent washing and sensibly cut for middle aged men i e not too skinny but still with a full back pleat and darts . Cant think of anyone else ,who could compare tbh .
So if anyone knows whether you can still purchase his shirts from the site i`d really appreciate an answer .

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
Re: Mikkel Rude
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 11:52:14 PM »
Have you tried to purchase a shirt online rather than send an email?

I bought a couple of shirts 2 years ago,just purchased rather than contact first. I would disagree re fit. I found them pretty slim fitting.

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 12:23:23 AM »
I`m a bit hesitant to just buy more shirts online ,because as i said there has been no activity ie new stock in years ,also the facebook page hasn`t been updated in years and the main site went offline for a while too . So i`m concerned i`ll pay for the shirts and not receive anything .
I know years ago Mikkel  used to post on the old forum  occasionally .
As for the fit ,all i can say is an XL fits me really well ,when a Brutus is a little too snug round the middle ( and not as good quality )  ,same as Art Gallery and JTG shirts are just too skinny all round ,ones that fit me round the stomach have a neck measurement that would suit Mike Tyson !
Love the 4 finger collars and roll of a MR shirt too.

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 02:48:16 PM »
Not as slim fitting as Brutus that's for sure.

Collar looked daft on me....you need quite a big head to pull those collars off.
Not stuck in the 60's

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 07:09:56 PM »

Collar looked daft on me....you need quite a big head to pull those collars off.

i reckon its what you get used to ,ive 7 or 8 MR shirts ,they are my standard look ,so when i go back to some of my 3 finger shirt collars ,they feel positively small now , and no one has ever  told me ive got a Mekon head !!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 07:11:37 PM by pie and mash »

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 11:48:55 PM »

i reckon its what you get used to ,ive 7 or 8 MR shirts ,they are my standard look ,so when i go back to some of my 3 finger shirt collars ,they feel positively small now , and no one has ever  told me ive got a Mekon head !!

Did ye no take the hint when hotels left a beanbag whaur yir pillow shoulda been?